Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluesrx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
I have recently jailbroken 3 different times in 48 hours. I am using redsnow and everything seems to work fine. I can download apps and games etc. the problem is once I power off or respring it will get stuck on the apple screen and keep rebooting. I have done searches and read about htis but I can seem to find the appropriate fix. I have a 3gs and I had the latest firmware before the new release on wednesday. Can somone point me inthe riht direction as to how to fix this. I like the jailbreak capabilites but once I power off I can't seem to reboot.

thanks in advance!

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Since this is a 3GS iPhone, Apple will not allow you to restore to anything but 3.1 now. You will lose your jailbreak. There is no way around this now and this is why those who wish to stay on 3.01 or below have to be careful while using the 3GS.

Again, Apple is forcing 3.1 on everyone who has to restore. Try using Purplera1n and see if that doesn't get you back to the home screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.