jailbroken texts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by newConvert, Jun 4, 2009.

1. newConvert macrumors regular

I was curious if there was an app for jailbroken phones that allows you to send/reiceive texts via 3g/or wireless? Any reviews on the app?

I'm probably getting the $30/6gigs from rogers (assuming they offer it) So it'd be nice to be able to use that data to send texts.

Thanks!

2. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

if you have it available, your texts will automatically send via 3G.

if by "wireless" you mean Wifi, then there are quite a few apps that can send texts using wifi. BiteSms and iRealSms are some popular ones.

3. newConvert thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks! sorry, ment wifi, must be low on coffee. So I will be with Rogers (in Canada) and they only give you like 100texts with the basic iphone plan... but if I have a 3g connection, then it wouldn't (in theory) use up my spare texts at all? It would just be part of the dataplan?

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Are there any FREE solution?? (wishful thinking, I know!)

Thanks,
    Arisian

5. newConvert thread starter macrumors regular

Don't know if thats a US thing? I just checked with Rogers (canadian) and they said texts are separate from the data plan.... or are they messed up?
    If I have to pay extra for texts, jailbreak ftw.

6. newConvert thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm, I'm also looking for a more native solution... something where I can just send/recieve all in one place and have it use my data or wifi connection instead of # of texts. Thanks!

7. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

the data plan is being able to access the internet and email, as i understand it.
    3G can be used for telephone related transactions (calls and texts) as well as internet and email. as can the basic phone service (EDGE in the US, idk about Canada). so texts are not part of the data plan.