Jailedbroken, now what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by hzamani, Aug 1, 2010.

1. hzamani macrumors member

Okay, so I used jailbreakme.modmyi.com to jailbreak my itouch OS4

Now I don't know what to do. Where do people find all these apps and free games they download?

What are some common things to do?

So far I got backgrounder, but now I'm stuck.

Also, on my Cydia icon there is a red one or something on it, how do I get rid of that?

Sorry, I'm new to the itouch world, let alone jailbreaking.

2. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

The red icon you're seeing is an update. Go into Cydia, press 'Changes' and you'll be all set.

Backgrounder is nice, get Kirikae or ProSwitcher to have a nice complementary interface for multitasking.

Also get Winterboard, for installing custom themes, icon sets, etc.

There's alot of apps/tweaks/mods on Cydia, way too many to list/describe. Run a Google search, check the top 10 most common jailbroken apps. It's a big, fun world. :)

3. BiggAW macrumors 68020

SBsettings and Winterboard are great. Mine has military time, % battery, a different font, and I used MakeItMine to change the name from iPod to my own name- you can make it whatever you want. Backgrounder is the killer app for me though.

Oh and don't forget the flashlight app- since it can change the screen brightness unlike one through the iTunes store.

4. SoraLimit macrumors regular

I also recommend going to modmyi. Great site for jailbreakers, especially the quality of their themes (although most of the themes are still for iOS 3).

5. hzamani thread starter macrumors member

OK.

I have had to restart springboard more then 10 times about.

Also, backgrounder worked once with its pop-up to activate, but i cant get it to go up again.

And, when I double tap for kiri.. it goes back to the home screen, the original itouch procedure is followed and not the one set for kiri.

What do I do??

6. iMac0765 macrumors regular

There is an NES emulator for iOS Devices, GBA emu's and much more.

I hope you are talking about free Cydia games but if not... Please, pay for your apps, I cannot stress that enough. The general community thinks jailbreak = stealing... even though jailbreaking is legal now.

7. hzamani thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I was talking about Cydia games. I want no involvement and am against games that are free, but you have to pay for them in itunes aka steaaaling.

8. dark-saito macrumors regular

Bttp

yeah... I just jailbroke mine and was horribly disillusioned when i realized i don't remember what i used it for :(

I tried GrIp, but both of the ones available (after adding hakulo.us) don't work: one is passcode locked and the other is non functional when i try to customize priority. anyone have a working one?

other than GrIp, i cant find anything else to do. I don't care for themes or icons, since most seem to be incomplete for the apps i use, and i dont care to liven up my multitasking. It's fine as it is for me...

Can anyone point to other things that make this jailbreak worthwhile? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

9. hzamani thread starter macrumors member

For the snes/nes emulator, which one do you recommend because there are sooo many!