JaMarcus Russell Deal a joke!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Keebler, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

Ok..so I'm a Raiders fan and happy the team drafted this guy, but what a joke it is that he's getting a massive amount of money....guaranteed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014841

now i know it's all about marketing...he's being paid for being in the league and a representative of the team and league.

but c'mon. i find it incredibly ironic this type of money is thrown at any athlete especially to a guy who has proven NOTHING yet.

and even more ironic that he's getting this money yet the doctor who did some ground breaking leading edge science on the Bills player by freezing his body, essentially, to stop or ease the swelling in his neck...isn't getting this type of money.

that's my rant of the day.

Cheers,
    Keebler

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

he basically ****ed himself. the most important part for a rookie is the mini camps, training camps, etc. he missed it all, so he's WAY behind. he's not going to play at all this year unless culpepper and mccown get hurt.

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

That's probably a good thing. let him learn. The raiders aren't going to be a good team this year whether he's in there or not. A lot of quarterbacks have been ruined by rushing them into starting roles too soon. Probably the best thing to happen to him.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wow, his base salary is higher than Mike Lowell's.

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

That is a good point...I can think of three quarterbacks right now that have benefited from this type of development...Tony Romo in Dallas, Carson Palmer in Cinci, and McNair in Baltimore. I am sure there are probably others as well...