Jambox from Jawbone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by choice, Nov 5, 2010.

1. choice, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

choice macrumors regular

Not made for just the iPhone but allows you to make conference calls too.

JAMBOX delivers stunning hi-fi audio in a portable wireless speaker so compact you won't believe it when you hear it. It's loud. With an output capacity of 85 decibels, JAMBOX fills even the largest rooms. Unlike other portable speakers, JAMBOX is powered by a pair of proprietary, highly sophisticated acoustic drivers, unmatched in their ability to produce extreme high (tweeter) and low (woofer) frequencies from a single, ultra-small dome speaker. They work in concert with an innovative moving-wall passive bass radiator and airtight enclosure to deliver shimmering highs and thumping lows that you can literally feel - the richest sound all in the palm of your hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgC3zjNH1oU&CID=

http://www.jawbone.com/product-jambox-overview

2. choice thread starter macrumors regular

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Cool, the black and gray ones look sleek and modern!

4. chanerz macrumors 6502a

great find! Will wait for bestbuy to have it.

5. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

I bought this today. In a nutshell, it sucks.

The line-in audio is just OK for music. The BT audio is not. I tested playing a Beethoven Piano Sonata from iTunes on my MBP. Switching back and forth between BT and line-in reveals a big difference.

You cannot use line-in and BT simultaneously. That is a disappointment. I was hoping to use it as a BT speakerphone for my iPhone, and as audio for my MBP, and PS3/XBOx360 all connected to my Dell monitor. I also tried using it for Killzone2 from my PS3. That sounded terrible. I didn't bother to check it out as a BT speakerphone since it had already failed to satisfy me.

Fortunately, I bought this at the Apple Store, so it's going back on Tuesday for a refund.

6. sk4prez2020 macrumors member

sk4prez2020

Jawbone

Looks pretty sick. Jawbone makes the best blue tooths so probably a good buy! CHECK MY MUSIC!:D

7. RaceTripper macrumors 68030

Yeah, it's great if all you want is to look at it. Otherwise, not so great. :p