Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glassonion909

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
This application looks really cool and useful, but £4.99 ($7 I think) seems pricey for what it is? I'd probably go £2 ($3) for something like this, does anyone know if this goes on special that often?

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
This application looks really cool and useful, but £4.99 ($7 I think) seems pricey for what it is? I'd probably go £2 ($3) for something like this, does anyone know if this goes on special that often?

Not seen it go on special yet, but it's not been out long, a few weeks maybe.

I bought it, and it's pretty awesome. Really nice app, great UI, lots of features (videos, lots of photos, shopping list which you can email to the missus, and you can change the portion size between 2 or four people, and the ingredient quantities adjust appropriately), and with 50 recipes, it's the equivalent of one of his books, so I reckon it's good value. Just made the dum dum noodles so far, and it was delicious! nom nom :p

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Goto the book store and buy a cook book. Don't be surprised to pay $20+ for it. $7 is cheap for the same material.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I would normally agree had I not been given Weber's On The Grill™ app to review. I use that app at least twice a week and browse it often for stuff. It was also $5.00 USD and very worth it.

leeclissett

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2009
Amazing app, well worth the price. Nice to see someone really putting some effort into making a rounded application for the iPhone. Probably worth the price alone for the video guides.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
For people who bought this app......

How health-conscious are the recipes? Do most of them require butter or cream?

Can someone post a list of a selection of the dishes (5-10 perhaps) that you can make with this app? I'm not asking for the recipes, just a selection of dish names so that I can get an idea of what to expect if I buy it. That would be awesome.

I need some new quick dinner recipes, so if these look good, and if they seem healthy, I'll totally buy this app.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Can someone post a list of a selection of the dishes (5-10 perhaps) that you can make with this app?

The recipes are broken down into categories;
soups, pasta, risottos, stir fries, fast fish, classic meat, quick curries, super salads, vegetarian, gorgeous puds. Within those categories are half a dozen or so recipes.

Very well presented, slick and a very neat app. Typical JO.

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
For people who bought this app......

How health-conscious are the recipes? Do most of them require butter or cream?

Can someone post a list of a selection of the dishes (5-10 perhaps) that you can make with this app? I'm not asking for the recipes, just a selection of dish names so that I can get an idea of what to expect if I buy it. That would be awesome.

I need some new quick dinner recipes, so if these look good, and if they seem healthy, I'll totally buy this app.

One example: Dum Dum Noodles, healthy, easy, and very tasty. Now added to our weekly quick dinner list! :)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks guys :)

Would it be fair to say that, after looking through the recipes, that the majority of them are healthy (not a lot of butter, oils, cream, etc.)?

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Thanks guys :)

Would it be fair to say that, after looking through the recipes, that the majority of them are healthy (not a lot of butter, oils, cream, etc.)?

The recipes are on the website - or at least a better feel for it. It was what helped me decide to wait, while *I* might enjoy them, my kids with sensory issues might not yet :D

http://www.jamieoliver.com/20-minute-meals/

glassonion909

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
A steal at £2.99 I feel, still a day left i think on the sale! Has a really nice look and feel this app.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
So, is this app worth it for the health conscious? I have diabetes and have to watch everything I eat. Are there stews and such? I like to be able to make enough for a week if I can. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.