Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Holy crap. Was this post-holiday season some iPod Touch MAGNET?!?

I was going to purchase a 32GB 2G today, and every single store has every model iPod Touch out of stock!

Some are on good sales too. Just the time when I want to buy, darn. Estimated time for the first day Best Buy gets them: January 26, up until February 6!!!!

What the heck? Amazon won't ship for 2-5 WEEKS, and I dunno about the 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Can I trust them with the discounts on the new models if they have better shipping?

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Yes it was an iPod Touch Magnet

Well if the sales are going to be over by the time they become available you might want to just get it from Apple.com, they have on their website that they ship in 24 hrs.

I was thinking the same, although... there's no sale.

I don't see refurbished on the site for the 32GB 2Gs... how much would they be if they were on there?

I need to purchase from any place with at least a $20 sale (look at Best Buy, for example), a warranty for return and replacement options, and a place that is local and IN STOCK or online for 3-5 day free shipping.

shvartsies

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
New Jersey, USA
Haha yeah they're selling like hot-cakes. My mom managed to find an iPod touch for my dad for hannukah only at costco, and she got the last one in stock. :eek:

Have you tried an apple store or online apple store?

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Haha yeah they're selling like hot-cakes. My mom managed to find an iPod touch for my dad for hannukah only at costco, and she got the last one in stock. :eek:

Have you tried an apple store or online apple store?

Like I said in my post above, I have some specifics.

The Apple store has full price. I would like it a bit cheaper to compensate tax (and shipping if online). Refurbished? How much for the 32GB 2G? It's not on the refurbished store right now.

And my nearest Apple Store is an hour drive. Figures, it's full price there too.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Do the sales other places end by the time they're supposed to be in stock?

Well, I'm anxiously not sure. Best Buy isn't getting any until Jan 26... and the sale is fresh.

I'm a bit mad too, because just a week ago, I could have bought a 32 GB 2G with a free shuffle from Target. Called today, they're outta stock...

My local one said they didn't know about the special. I talked to someone else last week.
My other Target store a bit ways away knew about it, and said it's ended.

What a load of bull crap.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
im sorry your having so much trouble. i picked up an 8 gig touch for my mom from best buy last week. picked it up in store the next day. no problems. i guess its a bit of luck in there somewhere.

when i bought my 16 i got it from apple store online. shipped the next day however no discount.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
I hope either Best Buy still has their sale (that they SHOULD HONOR because it's on the site and is backordered for many new models), or Target bringing back their free shuffle with the 32GB in tomorrow's annual Sunday ad. I will check there.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
that they SHOULD HONOR because it's on the site and is backordered for many new models
Why do they need to honor a sale when everything is gone? If you really wanted it, you probably would have acted before the last day of the ad cycle. It was a good sale and everything sold out. It's a popular item; if you snooze, you lose.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Why do they need to honor a sale when everything is gone? If you really wanted it, you probably would have acted before the last day of the ad cycle. It was a good sale and everything sold out. It's a popular item; if you snooze, you lose.

Snooze I loose? Wow, what optimism. Obviously, I was contemplating on the darn purchase.

There is no word on Best Buy when the sale ends. They should show it.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
Snooze I loose? Wow, what optimism. Obviously, I was contemplating on the darn purchase.
When something is on a good sale, you cannot seriously expect for it to stay in stock throughout the entire time, can you? Would you walk into a store at 2200 on black friday and expect to find the door buster items at their discounts? If the sale ends and there are none left, too bad. The early bird gets the worm.

It's not like discounts are super rare, anyway.

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
When something is on a good sale, you cannot seriously expect for it to stay in stock throughout the entire time, can you? Would you walk into a store at 2200 on black friday and expect to find the door buster items at their discounts? If the sale ends and there are none left, too bad. The early bird gets the worm.

It's not like discounts are super rare, anyway.

Yeah, it's cool.

But I think I might order from MacMall, since they have $30 off, better than Best Buy. However, I heard they have no return policy or something. Does that mean IF I had a problem, I take it to an Apple Store, and say I got it from MacMall? What would I do?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Will Best Buy give you a raincheck for the item? I know they have in the past, but in some cases it will say specifically that there will be no rainchecks. Worth a shot anyway - just ask them.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Okay, so ordering from MacMall is okay then? It's the same from ordering from Apple?
For repairs in warranty it should be the same. For returns, those can be handled only by MacMall (and I believe that their policy is no returns or refunds on Apple products).

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
For repairs in warranty it should be the same. For returns, those can be handled only by MacMall (and I believe that their policy is no returns or refunds on Apple products).

Would you recommend I order from MacMall since it's really the only place left that are in stock and with a discount?

Ryuukumori

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Are there any other retailers like Fry's? MacConnection is also anther online retailer similar to MacMall.

MacConnection seems good, if not, better than MacMall.

What is their policy on returns? I know they have a 1 yr warranty, does that include returns and refunds? I am wanting to order from a reliable place with a good return policy.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I ordered mine from newegg.com. The 16GB is $10 cheaper and its free shipping/no tax. This site is very reliable and I order from them as much as I can. They also ship very fast and have great customer service. I usually get whatever I order from then 2 days after I place the order

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
question..

why do you want to know returns policy? Usually its only like a month and that if you havent used it. Well, its like that here in the UK at least.

Plus, if you are going to use it bit silly to return.

Warranty wise, just let Apple deal with that for the first year. Get Applecare to extend it if you really want to. Best thing for you to do is phone around and ask questions. You'll save time instead of sitting here waiting for replies

kahine

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
question..

why do you want to know returns policy? Usually its only like a month and that if you havent used it. Well, its like that here in the UK at least.

Plus, if you are going to use it bit silly to return.

Warranty wise, just let Apple deal with that for the first year. Get Applecare to extend it if you really want to. Best thing for you to do is phone around and ask questions. You'll save time instead of sitting here waiting for replies

Return policy is important for some on an item like this , I am one of those also

I bought mine at Costco for this exact reason - I have 90 days to return it zero questions asked - for an item like this I don't want to see it break on day 31 of a 30 day return policy and go through the hassle of waiting to have it repaired -

Also I am very picky about zero dead pixels on something like this , so places like Costco are the best for buying this , I can open and return without any hassle if theres anything wrong with it , and thats valuable to me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.