January App Pack

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by RST, Mar 11, 2008.

1. RST macrumors member

I recently restored my pre-Jan upgrade 16GB iPod Touch to 1.1.4 after a failed ziphone attempt. I bought the software upgrade back in January- but anyone know how to reinstall it after a restore?

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Just sync a couple times... It takes a couple tries to recognize that you purchased the pack.

3. RST thread starter macrumors member

Tried it several times. Seems like it wants to work, but an iTunes error comes up saying "could not install Software Upgrade because an unknown error occured (-50)" Any ideas why?

4. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Personally, I would restore (remove jailbreak) then contact apple support... Seeing as you are at risk of losing money, as you lost apps... But that's just me.

5. RST thread starter macrumors member

apples been really good about letting customers download 'lost' files over itunes again, in my experience. they already sent me another copy of the jan update, its 12kb? i don't remember it being so small, still no luck.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's just a .plist file to make the apps visible on the home screen. 12KB is the right size

7. RST thread starter macrumors member

i'm at a loss. i have the app pack.ipa file but i have no idea what to do with it. syncing isn't changing anything. am i out of options?

8. Resist macrumors 68030

iTunes is telling me the same thing that it can't restore my software update due to an unkown error. How can I get my 5 apps back?

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

call me crazy but why not contact apple support? you bought the update from apple there for you need to contact........... oh yes you guessed it apple.

its been suggested already in this thread that if it does not sync then contact apple..... are people expecting this forum to provide them with a file?