January Keynote?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mstyle88, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Mstyle88 macrumors newbie

I was browsing past MacRumors articles from late 2009 looking at the history of iPad rumors before it was launched. Most of the rumors started picking up in October with the keynote being delivered at the end of January. Deliveries occuring March/April.

Who thinks we'll see a January keynote for the 2nd gen iPad or going forward will they lump it with the iPhone keynote in June each year? I assume if the Verizon rumors hold true, they could announce a in January a new iPad and let everyone know the iPhone is coming to VZ.

2. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I've been wondering the same thing. I think it would make sense for them both ways. If they stick to what the did last year, I feel like they might be forced again to hold back features with the iPad to save for the iPhone, in the same way they had to hold back the forward facing camera because they were saving FaceTime as the killer feature for iPhone 4. They may want to avoid this scenario for this very reason.
    On the other hand, it. Doesn't make much business sense to release them at the same time either as it can steal sales from each other. They may want to keep the iPhone and iPad a bit different in what they offer so that it is more enticing for someone to also want the iPhone, or vice-versa.
    I'm going to guess that it's going to stick to a similar release date for the new iPad. It just seems like what apple would do IMO...

3. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

The apple tv and iPhone were also announced in januray. Doesn't mean they are updated then too. Also there was a Verizon rumor about januray last year too. That didn't happen so this has just as much of a chance of not happening.

4. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

5. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

The ipad should start pioneering some features but if it keeps the same experience and improves performance I'd be happy. I hope ios becomes more like lion, mission control would be soooocool on the iPad. But it probably won't happen

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

The iPad was announced in January 2010, 3 months before it was released, because it was a new category. They aren't going to repeat that pattern again because it would stop iPad sales dead in their tracks. They will announce the new iPad once its ready for sale.

7. Kieranic Guest

(I know this probably won't happen but) maybe even when they release the new iPad OS in a month or two.

8. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

I agree with you

9. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Excellent point. The original iPhone was announced in January and released in June, however every other iPhone has been announced and released in June/July.

Therefore I *predict* an iPad announcement some time in late February/March 2011.

Don't forget due to Apple's separation from Macworld, they're no longer obliged to provide a keynote in January.