Phones Japanese clones?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Septembersrain, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

http://m.cnet.com/news/japans-iosys-clones-the-iphone-5c-slaps-on-android/57616077

Well, that's rather uncomfortable. I liked how Apple changed the game up with their colorful iPhones. I still can't see the Android ecosystem on anything less than a 4.5 inch screen, and be happy about it though.

I never do like how knock-offs can try to mimic the external to a T, but still be so keen on using horrid internals.

Anyone here ever have a good experience with a knock-off?

2. MRU Suspended

MRU

3. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

Gee wiz. It seems like everyone is in such a rush to copy what they perceive to be Apples "Less patented, less noticed" iPhone model. As much as I like android, this intentional knock-off like theft is definitely too much.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This has been happening for years with iphones and is definitely not new to the 5c

5. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

Oh wow. I actually didn't know that. I know they've had similarities but never almost exactly the same.

6. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

7. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

A lot of things don't matter, I was just expressing an opinion. I'm sure that's okay in a forum right?

8. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

You missed my point.

I am more saying why people seem to be so upset about lookalike products. Or you can be sanctimonious and pretend I'm attacking your right to have an opinion.

It is called a question, part of a discussion. That is what you have on forums. If you didn't want feedback, you should have just had a blog.

9. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

Um, they still have options to add opinions on a blog. I'm not particularly upset, I'm just a bit annoyed is all. After all the trouble they put Samsung though, I'd think they'd be raising hell right now.

You don't have to get all up in arms. It's the internet. Winning an argument is like winning the Special Olympics.

10. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

And you chose, yet again, to not answer my question. Seriously, opinion doesn't mean "don't ever question me".

If you're not willing to have a discussion, why post it here at all? Did you just want sycophantic "you are so right"? Is this all about your ego?

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Yep, and it didn't even start with the iPhone. Before Apple came along, there were knock-offs of phones from RIM, Motorola, Nokia.

Back then, though, cloners often used stolen copies of Windows Mobile as the OS of choice. Now, Android is free and legal.

It'd actually be kind of sad if no one thought well enough of your phone to clone its looks :)

12. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

That's true. When looked at that way, it's pretty much a compliment.
    I wonder if it's the exact same kind of plastic on these clones.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, and I don't see it ever ending.

14. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Yeah this has been happening for a while. At least they used android and not some feature phone software like they normally do.