Japanese Kotoeri input problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dziewuliz, Jan 4, 2009.

1. dziewuliz macrumors member

Just got my fancy MBP (15", 2.5 ghz) switched from a MacBook, and was really excited about the performance boost, when tried the Japanese input system Kotoeri.. Once I select it from the input context menu, it slows down the Mac, the input is barely responding (one kana character per second) and with all the updates and other stuff already installed, just don't want to completely reformat the disk... Any ideas? I was googling around, searching forums, and nobody seems to have experienced anything like this..
    Btw, I ran the Japanese install of Leopard and later changed system language to English, would that be a poor excuse for such a bad performance?

Thanks for taking your time on this, really appreciate it!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just tried Kotoeri on my system and it works fine. That doesn't really help you, but at least it shows that it's not a problem with the input method itself.

3. dziewuliz thread starter macrumors member

No not really, except it shows it's not the 10.5.6 update's fault.. Thanks anyways, I've just got through the Permissions/Disk repair and as it remains the same, I'll have to consider the clean install... Btw, does the Archive and install option actually store the whole user data? Like iTunes, Mail, iCal info?