Japanese store descriptions

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by fixie rider, Oct 5, 2008.

1. fixie rider macrumors newbie

fixie rider

I posted this in iPhone Programming section, but maybe it should go here.

None of my descriptions have showed up in the Japan store in Japanese from what I can tell from my iTunes. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I just have a problem viewing them from my iTunes (I'm in US)? I can see others' descriptions in Japanese, but mine are still in English. All of my other localizations work fine. Anyone get it to work fine?

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

You have to write them in japanese, apple doesn't translate for you.

3. fixie rider thread starter macrumors newbie

fixie rider

I did. But they still show up as the English version.

4. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

App name? I have a Japanese iTMS account, I can check it out for you ...

5. fixie rider thread starter macrumors newbie

fixie rider

The company name is Mendoho, a few apps. Much appreciated. =)

6. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Well, I'm on the train now - I'll check it out when I get home (if one of the other Japan people on the boards hasn't done so already) :)

7. TripleJ macrumors regular

I had a look as well and they all show up in english on the Japanese store for me too. I'm going to add a Japanese translation to mine as well, sometime tomorrow, so I will let you know if I run into the same problem :)

8. mrbass macrumors member

You don't need an account to get on to Japan Appstore. Basically go to yahoo japan, click music then click any music and voila. Or just click Change to Japan App Store for those who can't do above. Click Home Icon then App Store link. To return to US store just log back into your account. You can see your app reviews, top 100, etc.

Easy to create an account without credit card or itunes japan gift card. Just create an account with real city and zip code, fake everything else (name, etc.) and your golden. Useful to download some free Japan only app store apps.

Ones I like are (don't click till after you have changed store to Japan) Yahoo Maps 地図 Yahoo Maps, Yahoo Movies 英語
    Mixi one sucks, Hot Pepper ハットペッパー is what Urbanspoon should aspire to be like.