Japanese wireless keyboard and Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by asnozz, Jun 19, 2007.

1. asnozz macrumors member

asnozz

Hey guys, I just got back from Japan with a Japanese wireless keyboard (because I am learning the language). The problem is I cant pair it with my macbook. Everytime I do pairing, I get to the part where it offers a code.... but it doesnt offer the next step (where you put the code). I then get an error message saying that I need to put the keyboard on 'discoverable'. Even though it was obviously on (because I had already gotten that far).

Any help?

Cheers guys

2. showtime macrumors 6502

By "the code" do you mean having it ask you to press the button immediately to to the right of the left shift button and immediately to the left of the right shift button?

3. asnozz thread starter macrumors member

asnozz

no, its not giving me a box to enter the passkey in.. I just get a red message saying to put the keyboard to 'discoverable' (which it already is). Im not sure what you mean about the shift keys?

4. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Try to turn the switch on the back of the keyboard off and on. I have an english macbook with a wireless keyboard also. It doesn't matter what language the keyboard is, as long as it supports bluetooth.

BTW. A japanaese keyboard will not help you learn the language unless you already know it* because you have to type in roman (romaji) characters anyway. The hirigana/katakana(forget if its katakana or not) keys that you see are shortcuts. The highlight of your JN keyboard usage will come when you try to use it with parallels in Windows.
    sayonara

5. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

iirc, there isn't a box to enter the passkey. you just enter the passkey by using the numeric keypad on the BT keyboard and hiit "return" after that.