Jason Calacanis Twitter Leaks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CherryJello, Jan 26, 2010.

1. CherryJello macrumors regular

Jason Calacanis is posting on his twitter that he has been "beta" testing the tablet for two weeks. right...

it has a solar power strip on the back for charging..right..

his NDA is "basically" over...

I don't believe this crap. What do you guys think?

2. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Summary (in case those get deleted):

3. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I doubt it. Even on TWIT, he wasn't sure what it was going to be. And he never mentioned a beta model.

4. ventro macrumors 6502a

5. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Supposedly he can't say the name or post a photo, but can divulge all the tech specs and features. Bullsh*t.

Apple sends out early devices to very few reviewers before the release, never ever before an announcement. For example, Walt Mossberg got an iPhone before it was released in June 2007, but he did not get one before the January 2007 announcement.

6. Paul B macrumors 6502

7. RealEvil macrumors 6502

It is *possible*, although perhaps unlikely, that he has a unit. It would certainly suggest that any release delay after the announcement (we all assume March right?) is probably due to getting enough stock made to sell worldwide rather than the unit simply not being 'ready'.

Although he is a self congratulating fool sometimes he is not normally a liar and his description of the device is inline or perhaps above expectations... He certainly doesnt make his money from promoting Apple products (quite the opposite in fact) so he may be willing to burn a few bridges to get himself more attention.

8. RealEvil macrumors 6502

There was a patent application described for exactly this on MacRumors last week (or was it 9to5mac... cannot remember). Anyway, the patent exists and was filed last week.

9. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I think its bull. I can't see Apple giving him a tablet before its announced. Mossberg will have one but surely not Calcannis?

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Agreed. If anyor thinks he's had a model for 10 days - check out TWiT video for how he talks about it.

Is it the largest NDA breach r a good joke? Latter seems better.

11. Digitaldruglord macrumors newbie

Why would such a respected figure, and co-organizer of TechCrunch 50 put his reputation on the line with lies?

I believe this is absolutely real and if it does deliver on those specs, yeah, that lives up to all the hype and would basically become e-crack.

That device would sell 10 million units. Anything less I don't think so.

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Because he's having a laugh on those overly taking in any old rumour.
    When was the last time Apple did "beta testing"?
    Yes, Walt Mossberg might get a piece of hardware early for testing, same with Pogue etc - but have they this time? There are many who'd be more likely to get one first if Apple was to send out hardware for review. Seeing as it is only an announcement, rather than an actual release, why would anyone have a demo model?!

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Why would apple give a highly classified product to someone other than one of their own engineers for beta testing...

Also, the chess game part cracked me up, anyone that can't see this as being false is clearly not reading between the lines, the fact that the guy has plugged EVERY rumour about the device shows he's taking the piss...

14. drpellypo macrumors 6502

IMHO, this stands to give us only one bit of accurate information; How to massively increase your followers in 13 tweets.

15. RealEvil macrumors 6502

16. BryanLyle macrumors 6502a

BryanLyle

If anyone saw Calacanis on TWiT this week, you would have known this was crap as soon as he started talking about Farmville.

17. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

All I see is a guy with an ego trying to get more followers. No chance in hell he's had a tablet for the past 2 weeks.

18. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

iPad is out, and I stand correct. Nothing but ego.

19. snowboarder macrumors 6502