Java and Flash disabled in Safari comments

Discussion in 'macOS' started by res1233, Nov 3, 2010.

1. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

I have had Clicktoflash for ages, and recently got the Safari extension to replace the addon. Even more recently, i decided to disable Java, because my browser seemed to still be crashing. Ever since then, i have not seen Safari crash once, we're talking about a month of daily use. I'm curious, has anyone else experienced something similar?

2. iMAVERICKam macrumors member

Yes. I started using ClickToFlash before Snow Leopard and immediately noticed the difference, which is why I'm on the pro-HTML5/anti-Flash bandwagon.

3. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Plugins Customs also is very good. It provides the same functionality of ClickToFlash for every Safari plugin (QuickTime, Silverlight, Flash, etc) but it does not substitute HTML5 for Flash. You have to manually add the settings button in Safari UI by customizing the toolbar. Whitelist menu with secondary click on plugin object.

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I have Click2Flash installed and can't remember the last time Safari crashed on me.

But then, I can't remember the last time Safari crashed on me even before I had Click2Flash installed. However, I rarely visit Flash-heavy sites, even YouTube.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing... with Plugins Customs installed, Safari 5 is a LOT less crashy than it used to be.