Java Apps In Vista

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jhaulenbeek, Mar 28, 2008.

1. jhaulenbeek macrumors newbie

I have a 24" iMac partitioned using Boot Camp. I run mostly Windows apps (Vista) for business reasons. My problem is that JAVA apps do not work even though the application software is installed and enabled. My IT guy is even stumped; thinks it might be some kind of security issue or incompatibility issue running Vista on a Mac. Any thoughts?

2. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

That shouldn't be a problem - I'm guessing the issue is software, not hardware related. You might want to try downloading the latest version of the Java runtime from sun, and seeing if that fixes the problem.

I've not had any issues running java in bootcamp.

3. jhaulenbeek thread starter macrumors newbie

Java Apps in Vista

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Java software numerous times without success. Puzzled!

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There are some known issues with Windows Vista 64-bit and Java 6. Is one of these affecting you?

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Desktop, Web Start, or Applets?

You should enable the java console to see exceptions in the case of the latter two - do this in the Java Control Panel under the Advanced Tab.

If its a standalone application, then it should write a log file somewhere that you can investigate.

6. jhaulenbeek thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running 32 bit. A must-have application will not run in 64 bit. I'm a novice at this sort of thing. I have yet to study the hotlink you sent but will. Thanks!