Java help for Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chr1s60, Aug 9, 2009.

1. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

After updating some software on my dad's macbook the other day he was having a problem with Safari crashing every time I opened it. After following the Apple troubleshooting guide I found posted in these forums, I searched and discovered that it was the Java plugin that was causing Safari to crash. I deleted that plugin and now can run safari, but I am unable to use anything with Java. I am trying to find a way to reinstall the plugin but can't find a way to do this since the java site just says to run software update to update java for mac. Can anyone help me out and let me know where I can get this plugin, if it is even possible? Or is there a way that I can delete java and it will show back up in my software update so I can attempt a reinstall? Thank you for any help!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You're almost there, but you're barking up the wrong tree, as it were. You need to instead grab the latest Java update from Apple's downloads site for your OS, and install it manually. That should clear up the problem.

3. chr1s60 thread starter macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks again.