Resolved Java not installing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ickywickets, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Ickywickets macrumors newbie

Hi! If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm working on a 2009 MBP running the latest version of Yosemite. I'm trying to install Java for Minecraft (for my nephew) and it gets to install, but then the application doesn't respond and I get a pinwheel. Any ideas why this is?

2. 960design macrumors 68000

3. Ickywickets thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Do you get an error message of any kind?

When you say "still not working" - do you mean the Java install, or do you mean Minecraft?

5. Ickywickets thread starter macrumors newbie

It's during the java installation process. The installer comes up, and then when I go through all the agreements and stuff, the installer stops responding. I've tried downloading java from Apple and from Java, if that's of any relevance.

6. 960design macrumors 68000

The package installer stops responding? Please take a screen shot of where it stops responding. You need to accept the License Agreement and click the jdk next to MacOSx64 on the following screen.
    =============================================================

Screen Shot 2015-08-19 at 12.28.58 PM.png
    =============================================================

Once it has downloaded, double click to install. I've done this on countless macs without issue.

Could it be that you are running out HD space?

7. campyguy macrumors 68030

I'm not a gamer, but had to help two of my clients with this last month or I'd be spending a wad wining and dining them. Ugh, and they're LOUD...

Check your Java CP configuration re this: http://www.cgwerks.com/make-minecraft-work-mac-osx-yosemite-latest-java-8 - jump to Step 3. I have two Macs isolated from my network just for my clients, and they ended up wasting time, er, playing MC for about 3 days straight...

8. Ickywickets thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, but I figured it out for myself.

9. 960design macrumors 68000

Mind sharing your solution with the world? There may be others new to the Mac and have a similar question in the future. They will be the good forum users and search for a solution before posting and come across this thread.