Java not responding in Safari

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Hookemfins, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Hookemfins macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Running 10.9.1 and latest build of Java.

I have been unable for the past couple of weeks to run java in Safari or for that matter, Firefox. In activity monitor says its not responding.

How can I get java working again?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Go into System Preferences, Java pane send enable it to show in browsers.

3. Hookemfins thread starter macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

It is enabled. It goes as far as asking me to run application. I say run but nothing happens except a blank page. Then in activity monitor I see javaAppletplugin not responding. Same process for Firefox.

Attached Files:

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

TIFF has been an integral part of the OS X graphics system since it was known as NeXTstep. You do not need a third-party viewing application to handle TIFF files. Without that little Java app, Safari just works as a TIFF viewer.

Leaving aside the wisdom or lack thereof of using a third-party viewer app to replace OS X built-in functionality, my experience with Java apps using Oracle's Java 1.7 VM is that Java 1.7 is a PITA. It usually works, but.... In fact, I am not convinced that the unnecessary ViewTIFF app is not working on your system. My firm requires a browser-based Java app to access its database. After the app launches, the browser window is blank. The Java app looks like a standalone application while it is running. Be sure that you are not overlooking the running app behind your other application windows.

5. Hookemfins thread starter macrumors 6502

Hookemfins

Here is the message I get in console:

2/24/14 10:19:17.407 AM java[5349]: objc[5349]: Class JavaLaunchHelper is implemented in both /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java and /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/jli/./libjli.dylib. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Which one should it be in?