Java on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by marcin0903, Oct 11, 2010.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

3. BlacKnights macrumors newbie

I'm using Frash. But currently, only good for games, not yet for movies/ video clips though.

4. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

5. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

That's what I'm waiting on. If I try to view certain videos, it says "doesn't support API". That sucks.

6. jasminblue macrumors newbie

Santa Barbara, California – Xform Computing, Inc., announces the addition of the Google Chrome browser and support for Java to their AlwaysOnPC product for iPad, iPhone and Android.

Chrome has rocketed up in popularity on PC and Mac computers due to it’s speedy performance, great synchronization features and its Web Store with thousands of apps, but is not available on most mobile devices. Now with the upcoming release of AlwaysOnPC users can run Chrome and Java on iPad, iPhone or Android with the fully synchronized bookmarks, tabs, and themes they are used to on their computer, and run almost any app or game in the Chrome Web Store.

Although Java is at the heart of many rich-content and highly-interactive websites including multi-player role games, online poker, business/productivity sites, and thousands of custom corporate applications, it was not usable on mobile devices. With this latest release AlwaysOnPC lets customers access sites like Runescape, PartyPoker, Evony, Zipforms from Android, iPad or iPhone and more.

7. mutch95 macrumors newbie

There's an app in the app store call cloud browse which sells for $0.99 also there's and official minecraft app being worked on at the moment so hang tight...

8. Siggen macrumors 6502

Well the first mobile minecraft will be released on the Xperia Play exclusively before other platforms, more Android and iOS products will come later(months? half a year?). I suspect they won't release the Xperia Play version before nearer x-mas.

Anyway, there are Java interpreters in Cydia, try to run your Java applets or Minecraft in it!