Java Script not working entirely on 1.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taybo20, Oct 1, 2007.

1. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

I posted this in 1.1.1 Aftermath but the conversation was completely different and I felt I might get better replies here.

Java script is working differently in 1.1.1. Anyone that banks with HSBC will notice they cant log into internet banking because safari keeps crashing. Hsbc uses java for a keyboard on screen to input a password (which on a normal computer a person would just use a mouse to hit the keys). However anytime you use the onscreen keyboard the safari keyboard pops up. After a another key stroke on the onscreen keyboard safari crashes. Anyone else experience this problem? Everything worked in 1.0.2 and earlier. Kinda makes me mad...

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Along similar lines, i wish they would give us a java that was completely up to date. I love to view the weather using the loop option on noaa, but iphone doesnt support it cuz the java is not up to date or something?

3. taybo20 thread starter macrumors regular

taybo20

I totally agree. I love visting NOAA and viewing the radar but you can't with the iPhone. I just hope they fix this problem with Safari. Not sure what they did but they desperately need to bring out 1.1.2 and fix whatever problem I am having.

4. cmaier macrumors G3

They also changed CSS-handling, which broke one of my pages until I updated it. The CSS change, however, looks like it was to make it comply better with standards.

5. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

And did anyone here that adobe has released a new flash lite?

6. FetalSage macrumors regular

The iPhone doesn't support Java. Remember JavaScript is not the same as Java. Java is a an application and JavaScript is a coding language.

7. Noumenon macrumors regular

Java and javascript are completely separate entities. iPhone does not support java, but does support javascript of which there is a standard and I'm sure safari meets that standard. The HSBC site may take advantage of some browser specific implimentation, like IE. NOAA uses java to cycle radar images.

8. taybo20 thread starter macrumors regular

taybo20

oh...i see. well that makes some more sense then. basically i would assume that it is just a problem with the version of safari that is present on the iphone after the update to 1.1.1. The browser reads the box as a normal text box, not understanding that it is actually the java scripts job to fill in the box with text from punching the keys on the java script keyboard. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. But the long and short of it is, there seems to be a bug in Safari for the iPhone.

9. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Wow, and i knew that too. Thanks for bringing that too my attention or i would have never caught that.