Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowlman23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Is there a java package that works on Leopard? I only saw it for Tiger.

Thanks.

bowlman23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
I tried to go on a website on safari that uses Java and it doesn't work. Can anyone else try playing a game on http://www.nintendo8.com with Safari?

It's a cool site. Has all the original nintendo games. Let me know if it works. It doesn't for me. It only has a coffee cup where the game screen should be. It works on FireFox, but not is Safari.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I tried to go on a website on safari that uses Java and it doesn't work. Can anyone else try playing a game on http://www.nintendo8.com with Safari?

It's a cool site. Has all the original nintendo games. Let me know if it works. It doesn't for me. It only has a coffee cup where the game screen should be. It works on FireFox, but not is Safari.

Yeah it works fine for me. Try going into safari then preferences then security tab. Then make sure Java is enabled.

bowlman23

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah it works fine for me. Try going into safari then preferences then security tab. Then make sure Java is enabled.

I check it out and it is enabled. It's weird because the Java doesn't work on any web site that has it in Safari. However, I tried Opera and Firefox and it works fine.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I check it out and it is enabled. It's weird because the Java doesn't work on any web site that has it in Safari. However, I tried Opera and Firefox and it works fine.

Is plugins enabled as well? Its installed if it works under firefox etc but for some reason its disabled in safari.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Doesn't work for me either - and I can play games etc on other websites that use Java.

Odd.

Mernak

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
Kirkland, WA
I tried 3 random games (on firefox) and couldn't play any of them, I think it may be because I do not have Java 6 because I am still on Tiger. It gives me these errors "load: class AppletGui not found. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: AppletGui" and "Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed." (with all of the line numbers that caused the errors) and same thing happens in Safari. Try updating to Java 6 if it gives you that option, and I would presume it would become default, but you can use Java Preferences (Applications>Utilities>Java) to make sure.

iJamie

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2008
Yes the plugin box is ticked (all of the web content ones are)
Also it does work in firefox

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Have you installed the latest Java update that Apple just released via software update?

Edit : All works fine in Safari for me.

The update only adds java 6, which is useless in safari anyway. :rolleyes:

I just checked again and its not working for me. Last time i checked was awhile ago though.

EDIT: for some reason its using version 1.5 Can anyone else confirm this? those who it works for what version is it using?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.