Javascrit - cache - browser ..

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by mariogalacho, Jun 12, 2011.

1. mariogalacho macrumors newbie

I have my iMac upgraded to Leopard. When I navigate within a site that has internal flanges (not the browser), shown in one column all the options, but not in tabs. This does not happen on other computers and if it happens on my iMac regardless of browser you use Safari, Firefox and Crhome.
    I updated Flash Player, but still the same. Is rare, also shows no pop-ups (such as photos in a gallery). When switching between "General", "Homepage" or "Featured Slider", there is no fade transition to the new options, only shows a large column with the options of the three sections and scroll down to is selected.
    Clicking on "Upload Image" does not open the sale to find the file on my iMac.
    This happens with all browsers and does not occur in another Mac or PC.
    I have no problem with this type of pop-ups on other sites, whether to view aphoto gallery to see a portfolio or video embedded in web page. Nor do I have trouble opening the sale to select file, this forum help. I onlyoccurs in the wordpress control panel and only with this iMac.
    Before I had the same template installed and had no problems with the iMac,but I've deleted from the server and I reinstalled and thereafter does not operate normally.
    I performed the same test to another web site from my iMac. This second site uses the same control panel and from my iMac does not give any problem.Both sites have the same version of wordpress and template of the samecompany and a failure and the other not. It is very rare. This only happens on this computer and any browser. I'm going crazy.
    I used "Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner" and disk utility tool to repair permissions. Without success.
    There is something stored on my iMac which is related to the installation of the wordpress template that does not work with each other.
    The installation was made ​​1 year, now I've deleted and reinstalled, but only with my iMac gives me the error of viewing.
    I installed another different template that incorporates the same control panel as both are of the same company and also happens the same error,but only on my iMac. However, as I said before, I enter the same panel ofthird page I uploaded from another computer and my iMac's display correctly. That mystery.
    I deleted the entire contents of my remote FTP server. I left it clean. Empty. Iturned up a new Wordpress. Then I reinstalled the same template and new ones with the same control panel and all fail again.
    I created a partition on my iMac I installed BootCamp and Windows XP,sorry, but if it works from my iMac to the windows partition.
    It is clear that the problem is in my Leopard system, on some files missing orto function correctly points to upload files from the control panel templatewordpress.
    I have no hair so much thinking, not like, do not sleep, do not live ... : '(
    I begin to think it's a problem with the javascript template.

2. designguy79 macrumors 6502

Sorry, but your post is quite confusing. Try and state the problem as concisely as possible and provide either the code and/or a link to it. Also, a screen capture of what it looks like on your computer would be helpful.

3. mariogalacho thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry,

The problem is not on my computer.
    Wordpress is installed and displayed perfect if you walk into the back office from any computer. You can create menus, see the options of the template I use, etc.
    Only on my computer, not working properly. What goes wrong?
    Faulty control panel template loaded.
    For example. The template has an option that is to change the logo by uploading a file from a button "up" button does not work.
    Should open a window to locate the file to load, but does nothing.
    Ojo, SOLO does nothing on my computer, because as I say, it works fine on other computers.

Change its template?, okay, but if you have the same style of control panel, it fails the same.
    "Change of wordpress?, and I deleted, downloaded and reinstalled a new one and the same failure
    Erase cache, flash actuializar. ..? I do not know, I'm lost.

Tnks !

4. designguy79 macrumors 6502

Where is the site hosted? What browser(s) have you tried?

Have you used Firebug (a Firefox plug-in)? It has a very nice "Console" tab that will show you errors and warnings.

5. mariogalacho thread starter macrumors newbie

These are the characteristics of the hosting.

http://www.dondominio.com/products/services/6/alojamiento-basico/#features

I tested with Safari, Firefox and Chrome and all give the same error. I guess it's something in my iMac.
    I will install FireBug in FireFox to see if you can shed some light on the ruling. But the bug only occurs on my computer and never on other computers.

6. designguy79 macrumors 6502

What is the error message?

7. mariogalacho, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

mariogalacho thread starter macrumors newbie

Error

<body class="wp-admin js appearance_page_core_functions">

On the right:

body {
    line-height: 1; (labeled)
    }

Error list (8)

missing ) after argument list
    [Detener en este error] if(keycode==27){tb_remove();}};}}catch(e){}}
    load-s...f77bba3 (línea 303)
    jQuery is not defined
    [Detener en este error] (function($){var i=function(e){if(!e)v...Class(g.cls+'-disabled')})}})(jQuery);
    checkb...r=3.1.3 (línea 1)
    jQuery is not defined
    [Detener en este error] var clearpath=ePanelSettings.clearpath...'Options Saved.');save_button.blur();
    functi...r=3.1.3 (línea 2)
    jQuery is not defined
    [Detener en este error] return this.each(function(){if($(this)...olor:ColorPicker.setColor});})(jQuery)
    colorp...r=3.1.3 (línea 58)
    jQuery is not defined
    [Detener en este error] _registered[type].push(fn);}};}();$(EYE.init);})(jQuery);
    eye.js?ver=3.1.3 (línea 2)
    jQuery is not defined
    [Detener en este error] .show();};EYE.register(initLayout,'init');})(jQuery)
    layout...r=3.1.3 (línea 11)
    jQuery is not defined
    [Detener en este error] jQuery(document).ready(function(){var ...w.original_send_to_editor(html);}};});
    custom...r=3.1.3 (línea 1)
    jQuery is not defined

8. designguy79 macrumors 6502

Sounds like jQuery is not being loaded properly, or an error in the javascript is preventing it from loading.

Do you have a link so that I can look at all of the files and code?

9. mariogalacho, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011

mariogalacho thread starter macrumors newbie

Access

Yes, this is the link to the web

http://www.kavilar.com

These are the keys to access the wordpress administrator

http://www.ka****r.com/wp****.php
    Us: m********
    Ps: w*******

Enter "Professional Theme Options" and try to upload a archovo to change the logo. Certainly works, but think my computer is only where it does not work and only with this web site and not others.

10. designguy79 macrumors 6502

I took a quick look around and didn't see any glaring errors. However, I am not a WordPress expert and I definitely don't speak Spanish (my apologies if it is actually a different language!)

If you are 100% sure that the problem is only on your computer, I would start looking at software that you have installed that might be causing a conflict.

For example, browser plug-ins, anti-virus, proxy, firewall, etc.

HTH,

Jeremy

11. mariogalacho thread starter macrumors newbie

I am 100% sure that is a problem on my computer. When I use this forum and go into "User CP" from my Mac do not see any open issue, but from another computer if a link to this issue open for me.

Now I see no problem in Wordpress, which is the only place where I first noticed the problem.

I do not think it is the browser I'm using Chrome, Safari and Firefox and all three fail. This will be like finding a needle in a haystack and I think I reformat my iMac: (

I appreciate your dedication to my topic, I note your interest in solving it. I have not installed antivirus and firewalls .. I'll back up and format, I think that even so all lose less time.

Thanks for everything and sorry for my English, because I'm using Google as they are moved to communicate in Spanish forum can solve any problem so particular.

12. mariogalacho thread starter macrumors newbie

Eureka !

I found the solution. The problem is the new version of Wodpress 3.1.3. Occurs with other non-web version 3.1.3 fails me, but I placed the 3.0 and it works, then I upgraded to 3.1.3 and it fails.
    Format my iMac and it was not necessary. I hope you like my experience.
    Thanks to all of you who have tried to help.