Jawbone ERA with 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Obscurelight, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does anyone have any experience with the combination? I am considering a jawbone era but I was mainly wondering if it worked well with Siri. With my Mercedes Benz Bluetooth system I have to reach for the home button to activate Siri since no buttons on the dash or steering wheel can seem to activate her. Hopefully users with the era will be able to share on their experience using it with the 4s? Thanks very much

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I use both. As long as you don't have honkin sideburns, the jawbone is a great headset and the Era is a great improvement in the jawbone line. But the sensor has to make contact with your skin.

3. skywest153 macrumors member

I'll chime in here...

I have the Era and have paired it with my 4 and 4s. It's a great headset and has many features. However, the problem I have with Bluetooth headsets seems to be the same each and every time...and it's the fact that the ear pieces hurt like crazy or just plain don't fit after a while. I've gone through the mill of them, and up until this week hadn't found one I truly liked. I stuck it out with the Era the longest, but it honestly did cause a lot of ear fatigue.

The Bose Series 2 is honestly GREAT. I usually don't buy into the "Bose is amazing" stuff, and I'm not expecting to here. However, if you're looking for something that does have great sound, no "scratchy" noises, and people tell me they don't even realize I'm driving let alone on a headset, then the Series 2 is it. Most importantly, it FEELS great on your ear and can often be forgotten that it's even there.

Something very important...

Bose has two bluetooth headsets floating around. One is the original one, and one is the newly released Series 2. They both look the same, so be sure if you're purchasing you get the Series 2. A lot of what gave the Series 1 bad reviews has been fixed in Series 2. You can get it here:http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Bluetoot...SQ0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320127377&sr=8-1

I hope this helps you. I'm not trying to be a Bose fanboy, just giving you an honest testament to what was a longtime frustration!

4. AA786 macrumors newbie

I really do hope that Jawbone follows suit with a few other Bluetooth manufacturers and finally releases a solar powered one!
    I find the battery life on some of their headsets average at best unfortunately, although I love the fit.

5. Obscurelight thread starter macrumors 6502

solar powered bluetooth headset?! :eek: wow.

anyways thanks for the feedback guys. Think I'll test one out, I have no sideburns and my ear isn't very small. I have never really experienced ear fatigue with any bluetooth headset before since I don't really use them for long periods of time, maybe an hour or 2 at a time.

6. utekineir macrumors 6502

I bought an era a week or two ago.

It's going back.

Multiple Siri inquiries usually require hitting home button. Have to program in "up to" 20 contacts for caller id. Their support forums ignore all relevant questions and only cherry pick responding to certain questions with reset your device.

Not worth $130 ish retail. The contact thing really chaps my ass at that price.

7. rsxmachine macrumors 6502a

Era plays pretty nice with Iphone 4s. Have to turn off voice announcement to use Siri without issues, im sure a fix will come. sounds quality and noise assassin work great. no problems dictating to siri. I absolutely hate the a2dp sleep lag, as you can't hear emails, txt messages etc.. This occurs on all a2dp headsets. Apple and jawbone need to fix this. They have done nothing for years.

8. Obscurelight thread starter macrumors 6502

wait does that mean that siri cannot be activated through the headset and I will still have to use home button?

9. skywest153 macrumors member

It can be activated with the Era, but you must disable settings by plugging it into your computer and editing the Era settings in your MyTalk account. It's somewhat of a "hack." You lose some small features in the process, but they're more or less negligible I suppose.

Again, I stand by my Bose Series 2 suggestion earlier. It works flawlessly with Siri I might add.

10. Obscurelight thread starter macrumors 6502

Well already ordered ERA, looked at the Bose headset as well. I'll give it a try too and whichever one I don't like is going to be my nephew's christmas present :D