Jawbone Icon still working with 4.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by steffi, Sep 9, 2010.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

2. frikfrak macrumors regular

Works great for me. And no complaints about muffled audio since 4.1

3. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I been having pairing problems too. What I need to do is make sure I turn on the bluetooth on the phone then turn on the Icon. If I did it the other way around, it wouldn't pair.

4. oChaos Nine macrumors newbie

I have the Icon and I've swapped it out for a new one 3 times now. If I move more than 5 feet from the phone people say I start breaking up and sounds like I'm under water. Sometimes it does it when the phone is in my pocket, really frustrating but I can't figure out if it's the phone or the bluetooth but overall I'm not impressed with this combo. Any suggestions? I'm on 4.0.1 firmware BTW.

5. frikfrak macrumors regular

6. sdpics macrumors member

7. frikfrak macrumors regular

Well, it's back to the same old same old. Random disconnects with my Jawbone Icon.

8. Sinn3rToSaint macrumors newbie

Same here. I just got my Jawbone Icon a couple of days ago and was finally able to test it out today. While driving on the road, the headset would cut out every few seconds. Weird thing is, my stereo would glitch every time the headset cuts out. Interference maybe? :confused:

I use it w/ my iPhone 4 & iOS 4.1. Who knows, maybe 4.2 will either fix it or make it worse :p

9. sailmac macrumors 6502

sailmac

No problems here pairing or staying paired with iPhone 4 and iOS 4.1. Can get 20-30 feet away before connection drops, and often it stays connected two rooms away. Obviously many environmental variables comparing this location with someone else's.

10. Jumpman2033 macrumors regular

I just bought the Icon - Hero, and it is pretty cool. I never really used a bluetooth before, but decided it would be for the best since i drive a standard. I've talked with it about 5 times now with no problem hearing, or having people hear me.

I wish there would be a more extensive manual though. I had to do an internet search to understand and find out how to use a lot of the features.

11. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I have had a lot problems with my Jawbone ICON headset. However, I believe these problems started when Jawbone pushed an update to my headset. Since this update my headset frequently disconnects and then reconnects. Installing iOS 4.2 beta does not seem to help this problem.

I have also noticed that my wifi connection disconnects and reconnects periodically. When this happens my bluetooth connection behaves the same.

12. LyndaP macrumors member

I don't have a problem with the Jawbone staying paired, but that is an exercise in futility since no one can understand one word that I say when I use the doggone thing. With the update to 4.1 my voice has evidently gone from "muffled" or "underwater" to breaking up constantly. I WAS under the impression that the update was going to solve this problem. For me, not so much!

This is a problem on my Icon, my Jawbone 2, as well as a Motorola, leading me to believe that it's Apple's problem. I've been a loyal and enthusiastic Apple customer since 1985, but my patience is wearing thin.

13. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I had pairing problems prior to the update, as I would have to turn off the Jawbone, then turn on the bluetooth on the phone, then turn the Jawbone on. It would not pair if the Jawbone was turned on first. With the update, it picks it up either was and there is no problem as far as people hearing me or me hearing them. I'm satisfied.;)

14. GreggM3 macrumors 6502

I have the ICON, the Prime, and the BlueAnt Q1 and all work great.

15. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Ahhhhh, I used my Icon yesterday after posting. I turned on the Icon first then activated the bluetooth on the phone and it connected instantly.

THEN it disconnected after about 5 minutes, then kept connecting and disconnecting over the next few minutes, so I guess this problem is still there. BUT when I turn on the bluetooth first then turn on the Icon, it works perfectly. As long as I do it in this order there is no problem with connectivity, but with the 3G it would work flawlessly either way. Oh well, at least it works. ;)