Jawbone icon

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajumbaje, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Anyone get one yet? I think they're only available on the jawbone site and at verizon stores at the moment. Theyre going to come to apple, best buy, AT&T and t-mobile stores, I just don't know when they will arrive in those stores. I'm looking to get one at the end of the week.

If anyone has the icon, care to comment?

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Best Buy has them in West Michigan. I am thinking of picking one up as well, they sound like they are amazing, and I love the extra little iPhone features. If you get one, post back how you like it.

3. TW!SM macrumors regular

I just picked up two at my local Verizon store. Since I bought two accessories they were 20% off each.

I purchased The Rouge for the wife and I got The Thinker. I just paired it up and it was very simple and the battery life indicator popped up on my iPhone. Very nice addition. If you press the button on the Icon a voice will come on and tell you how much battery life is left.

I signed up for the MyTalk so I can get the different apps and change the voices that you hear in the headset.

We have placed a couple test calls indoors and I could not tell she was on a headset, it was crystal clear and loud. I had her go into the bathroom and run the fan and two sinks and they were all blocked.

So far I am very happy.

4. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

They have them in my area, but I will have to wait until friday.

BTW, Best Buy only has the hero online, but they might have others in store.

5. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

How comfortable are they? I had to return the Motorola MotoPure H12 because I couldn't stand the earbud after 3 hours. I wear mine for 10 hours a day.

6. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

I would've returned that because David Beckham's wearing it lol

7. lfine39 macrumors member

Picked mine up at a local Verizon store (hid my iPhone) so far so good i like it works great!!! I missed my apple icon in phone got it back now just waiting on mytalk to get going can't wait to try that. I find it very comfortable and wear it most of the day.

8. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I have a Plantronics 925 but would love some of the features that the Icon has like the battery icon in the iPhone and the "AppStore" it has with the MyTalk. For only $100 too? Extremely tempting

9. TW!SM macrumors regular

I don't really notice I am wearing it. It's very light and very comfortable. You shouldn't have a problem at all.

10. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Couldn't resist and picked up The Thinker today. So far, I do like it alot. Nice and compact. A little annoyed that I have to wait for an invite from Jawbone to the MyTalk beta site. But I can live till I get one.

You sign up and then they send you access to the site. I'm anxious to change the prompts on the headset. I really like the battery level on my phone too.

11. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Picked up the "Thinker" model on Monday at my local Verizon store. I like the fact that Jawbone finally went to a standard micro USB charger (hated their proprietary connector) and the fact that it has a dedicated On/Off switch. I love this feature because you can tell easily when the device is off, whereas on other headsets it's hard to know if you have the headset off (usually requires a very long hold-down of the multi function button). The Icon is very comfortable to wear for lengths of time, but the battery life isn't all that great on a single charge. I think that this is a great update to the Jawbone line, but I still strongly prefer my Plantronics Voyager Pro and Plantronics Discovery 975. They still have the best overall sound quality I've heard in a bluetooth headset, and their noise cancellation rivals the Noise Assassin tech in the Jawbones. When there is a lot of background noise around me, callers say that on the Icon my voice becomes very "robotic/digital", whereas on the two Plantronics, callers state that my voice remains very natural and coherent, even though a bit of the background noise can be heard (but isn't in any way overpowering).

12. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Most of the reviews i have read have put the Icon on par or better than the Voyager Pro. I just recently purchased a Voyager Pro 4 days before the Icon was released and decided today to return the Pro so i could pick up an Icon. With the added features and iPhone integration, if the sound is equal to the Pro i will be more than happy. The icon looks to have a lot better form factor than the Pro.