Jawbone Prime - anyone pairing with mac? issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thedommer, Jun 25, 2009.

1. thedommer macrumors regular

I bought a Jawbone prime recently (obviously) and paired it with my iphone. works great and the green is puuurdy. however I tried pairing it with my computer and phone at the same time as I heard it can do multiple devices. what seemed to happen is that it kinda gave up on working and wouldnt work with the phone or the comp. just started getting wonky. anyone have these issues?

2. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, but what do you think about the Prime? Would you buy it again? I've read a lot of negative reviews online regarding fit and sound quality. Have you noticed anything like this?

I've been really considering buying one. I just wish I could use it first.

3. w00tme macrumors member

i had the 2nd gen. jawbone and just got the prime recently. this one one is so much better than the 2nd gen. the new earbuds let me use it without the ear hook. i haven't used it much yet, but so far, i have no complaints. well, the jawbone body (not the faceplate) is a glossy black so it feels greasy once you handle it. i think my hands are of average grease/sweat levels. =P

4. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Thanks for sharing your hands-on experience. I'm tempted to pick one up on my lunch hour today. It's probably the best looking headset on the market right now.

It's funny; all of the professional reviews say it's great, but there are a lot of unsatisfied user on Amazon and other message boards. I have a feeling they haven't fitted it correctly, or aren't using it as they're supposed to.

5. thedommer thread starter macrumors regular

I have not owned enough headsets to give the best opinion. With my ears I found I had to use the loop even with the new fit options. I use the loop and that small earbud with the rubber loop on it. I find this keeps it in my ear incredibly well. the headset does not swing out at all when I move quickly. other headsets ive used all hang fine but a quick movement of my head causes them to swing out and not feel secure. I found though that with the prime the in ear part of the ear bud started hurting my ear a little bit after a couple hours of wear. I dont usually wear it that long and often dont wear it until I get a phone call so its fine with me.

I have not told anyone I am using the headset and have yet to have a complaint from someone on the other end. I asked someone once and they mentioned that it did sound a touch tin-y however that was probably because I had noise assassin on.

Anyways. The point Im trying to make is that in the week Ive had it, its been great. sits incredibly well once you find the right fit. BTW finding the right fit sometimes involves not following the guidelines exactly. the inside rubber loop for me is facing slightly down. found this more comfortable then what they suggested in the manual.

and the green looks super cool. I like strong colors because I WANT people to know I have a headset on. I hate it when people are talking and you dont see a headset so you think they are crazy :)

6. purlah macrumors newbie

also having problems pairing with leopard. pairing dialogue sees it if i select "any" rather than "headset", then identifies it as a headset, but won't complete pairing.

7. Yvette123 macrumors newbie

pairing jawbone prime with iMac w/ leopard

Was anyone able to pair these two? I cannot and am going to take it back unless someone can enlighten me. Thanks