Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
I've posted on here before and gotten help from people so I thought I might give it a shot again.

I just bought a jawbone prime headset for my iphone 3G S (which I obviously don't have yet). I wanted to try it out, but my current phone doesn't support bluetooth, so my brother let me try it out on his Motorola Slvr. The jawbone worked great. I unpaired it from his phone and deleted it from his device history. Here is my problem now, when I turn the jawbone on it ask the Slvr if it wants to bond with the jawbone, even though I unpaired it and deleted it from the device history. It will ask then the screen goes away and pop up again. It does this until I turn the jawbone off. He does use his own headset for the phone, but every time I turn the jawbone on his phone picks it up. I called jawbone and Motorola for help, but they couldn't come up with anything. I did a soft reset on the phone and the jawbone to get it to stop, but neither worked. I tried clearing out the device history and repairing his headset, but the jawbone would still come up when I turned it on. The only thing I didn't try was a master reset of his phone because he doesn't want to redo all his setting on his phone. I am worried about this since I plan on using my bluetooth in my house which is in range of his bluetooth, and it is annoying for his phone to keep picking it up. If I pair it with my iphone (when I get it) will it continue to try and pair with his phone as well when I turn it on?

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get his Slvr to stop picking up the jawbone please let me know. I know this is a iphone forum, but I am out of places to turn to for help so this is my last ditch effort. Thanks for all the advice.

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
I ended up just replacing the unit as no one (tech support) could come up with a solution to fix the problem. Since replacing the old one the new one does not have the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.