Jawbone stop working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hlkc, Mar 8, 2008.

1. hlkc macrumors regular

I had Jawbone about a week now and it was great the first few days and now when I called or someone called me with my Jawbone on, the caller can't hear me at all and I only hear echo of what I said... I can hear the caller very well. I tried unpair and pair it so many times and with the phone off pair but still no luck. Turn the volume to the loudest and also with and without voice cancellation on and off too. Any idea why? Please help if you have similar experience. Many thanks in advance.

2. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

First step in troubleshooting something like this is to check that it is fully charged.

Charge it up overnight to be sure then see how it goes.

3. tlheunis macrumors newbie

jawbone doesn't work

I have the same problem - I can hear the other caller perfectly but they can't hear a word from me. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

4. rawprawn macrumors newbie

jawbone not working

I had a Jawbone 2, stop working after about two months as it wouldnt charge.

However, i think the problem being experienced by people not hearing you is that the jawbone MUST be pressed against your face. The little nipple at the end of the jawbone detects the sound frequencies through your face rather than a microphone (hence the name). I only actually found this out by a mate a mine who said I should read the instructions.

Hope this helps.

5. johata3 macrumors regular

Are you using Jawbone 1 or Jawbone 2? I hope it's not the Jawbone 2 because I'm getting one soon...