Jay-Z and His Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by iPhoneHome, May 31, 2008.

1. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Even though Jay endorses HP...he wouldn't be caught dead with one out and about.

2. GoGoPoCoSo macrumors newbie

if I had an Air, there's no way I'd be carrying it around like that...

then again, Jay-Z could probably afford thousands of those.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I carry my MBP like that; and I can't afford more than 1 of 'em.

4. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Ya there's nothing wrong with carrying a laptop like that. He's probably going from his car to a building, there's no need to put it in a case for that.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I carry my air around like that ALL the time. I put it in a sleeve if Im carrying it around in my bag. Think about it, if you drop the air carrying it around without a sleeve and with a sleeve, will it protect the laptop that much from a fall? It wouldn't matter either case.

6. Cyburnclassic macrumors member

most people probably wouldnt do that, since it could get snatched from them.

7. maceleven macrumors 6502

i dropped my air and dented it ....

and i took it to the apple store to see if the dent would in-fact void my 1 year and 2 year extended warranty , i was told yes . I asked if apple fixed the dent to the top clamshell and cracked bar that holds the clamshell /LCD at my cost would it make the warranty valid again , they said yes so i said how much would it cost? he returned and said $1200

i was like wooow and said i should just deal with it ,i said i would but what if later my logic board go's out or LCD ,he was true he said hold on if i can get you a good deal would i be willing to check it in on the spot ,i said yes he came back told me to sign here the cost ........$0 is that a blessing from GOD almighty:):apple: or what ..... ya but back on the subject i had the new speck case on my air when it fell, but that did not cover the back by the vent were my air was dented....

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

He's probably using it as a coaster for his big bad 17" fully loaded HP. I can't see HP being happy about this if it breaks.

I wonder what laptop Pharrell uses?

In some sleeves, it would. I doubt my MacBook would suffer any damage when inside my STM Rebound sleeve (which they don't make anymore). There's a few other sleeves just like mine where it wouldn't matter.

9. luisgab macrumors newbie

I saw a photo of him with a black macbook too.... Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: here it is...

[​IMG]

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah it's probably the MBA that's replacing the MB!

11. OnTrack Studios macrumors regular

OnTrack Studios

I live near Full Sail here in Orlando, FL and I see students walking down the road holding their macbooks in one hand & typing with the other. Guess those are the Macs that end up on ebay listed as "cracked LCD" or "for parts." lol

12. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Glad somebody else asked that, without going to google I have no idea who he is.

oh and is his name pronounced Jay - Zee or Jay Zed (US and English way of pronouncing the letter Z) before I ask somebody and look a fool.

13. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I'll give you a clue. He is from America. ;)

14. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Or he just bought a MBA cause he's that spoiled.

15. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

He's an American rapper. It's Jay Zee, but he can also be called "jigga".

16. bartelby macrumors Core

He's the guy who's killed Glastonbury. The first year in many that it didn't sell out within hours.

17. nplima macrumors 6502a

His BO that bad?

;)

18. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I thought Jay Z was pretty big in Europe, he did a tour and sold out all over.

anyways....

I think its funny that he uses apple since he has all those HP commercials lol, someone should post this on that guys blog that used the macbook air to cut a cake.

19. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

He didn't kill Glastonbury. Glastonbury killed themselves this year with a piss poor lineup. Jay-Z would be a great act to see live but I've seen far better lineups at Glastonbury than this year. A big disappointment.

jon

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No, but his spelling is. He could totally simplify things by just spelling it "J Z". The man won't even have initials.

21. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

you can spell your name however you want when your net worth is $547 million