Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Had my airpods for a while now and overall I like them. The main issue I have is the lack of any passive noise cancellation. Sat in a coffee shop and you hear everything. I got a pair of X3s and wow! So much difference in terms of passive isolation. I do hope that Apple works this out one day and manages to incorporate so form of noise isolation in the airpods.

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
I had a pair of X3's as well but they recently stopped working and Jaybird won't replace them since I bought them 13 months ago. Their old lifetime warranty was so much better.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Had my airpods for a while now and overall I like them. The main issue I have is the lack of any passive noise cancellation. Sat in a coffee shop and you hear everything. I got a pair of X3s and wow! So much difference in terms of passive isolation. I do hope that Apple works this out one day and manages to incorporate so form of noise isolation in the airpods.

Yeah, I have JayBird BlueBuds X's and Bose SoundSports (wired between earpieces) and both provide good sound isolation, the BlueBuds in particular with Comply foam earpieces. I like my AirPods for around the house though because of their incredible convenience.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
How loud were the Airpods in the coffee shop?

I find mine drown out noise well, whether I'm in crowded places or with loud music in background (gym).

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Quick question. I’ve had X and X2s. My X2s are in their way out sadly and am thinking about getting x3s.

If I walk with my phone in my back pocket (I have an X) my X2s will sometime skip. Almost like the connection gets bad. Does that happen to you or anyone?

v0lume4

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2012
I also recently got a pair of X3's and agree that they do a terrific job of blocking out ambient noise due to the fact that they are in-ear headphones. I don't have to listen to music as loudly to hear it well, which is a plus for the health of my ears. And if I do want to crank the volume a little for a few songs, then the bass is ammmazing!

sigomez

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Houston, TX
Quick question. I’ve had X and X2s. My X2s are in their way out sadly and am thinking about getting x3s.

If I walk with my phone in my back pocket (I have an X) my X2s will sometime skip. Almost like the connection gets bad. Does that happen to you or anyone?

While I enjoyed my X3's i would caution you on purchasing another pair. In my opinion there are better bluetooth sports headphones with better warranty than the X3's. I recently purchased the Jabra Sport Elite and i can honestly say I am enjoying them more than the Jaybirds.

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
The x3 are awesome for what they are. Battery life is good, sound is amazing if you use the app, and they do a great job of taking out that background noise. I do use my AirPods for almost all my daily listening and phone calls but the x3 are my go to on planes and noisy environments

RicoRich196

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011

This is sadly the case with almost all bluetooth headphones that don't have the W1 chip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.