Jays a-Jays Two vs Skullcandy ink'd?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PittsDriver, Jan 7, 2012.

1. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have been using the Skullcandy Ink'd for a bit now and wanted a step up. I ordered the a-Jays Two thinking they would be a little heavier on the bass but They are much weaker than the Ink'd. They don't make knockoff Jays do they? Did I get a bad set?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

They knock off just about everything. where did you buy it from and have you contacted jays about it. Explain to them your complaint they have very good customer service.

3. sammjordan macrumors member

I bought a set of jays four, and I agree they're definitely light on bass..they seem to be more focused on mid and upper range clarity

4. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I have the ones as well and they are more base heavy than the twos. Not sure how I feel about them yet. The Ink'd are base focused but have very muffled miss and highs compared to both. Now that I have spent more time with them, the Jays crush the Skullcandy but I was thrown off guard with the twos, I was expecting a bit more.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Are you looking for an alternative to the twos? Depending on your budget, I can recommend a few sets that are either good all-around or are a little heavy on the bass.

6. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I am not sure if I will keep the twos or not. I will burn them in properly and then see.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Well, if you return them, you should look at Klipsch s4i and Ultimate Ears 220vi for all-around great sound, or JBuds J5M for a heavier (but not overbearing) bass. I've also read great things about Ultimate Ears 600vi.

I'm suggesting these because they are either around the same price or lower than the price of the twos on Amazon.

8. PittsDriver thread starter macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

9. Surely Guest

Surely

That's what I currently use. Before that, I was using the UE 220vi's. I loved them, but after 2.5 years, they wore out (a connection separated at the jack). I decided to go with the s4i's because of the rave reviews they seem to get around here. So far, I really like them.

I may also buy a set of Comply Ear Foams to use with them. I've heard/read good things about them.