Jazz Radio Stations on iTunes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Medium Rare, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Medium Rare macrumors regular

Medium Rare

Anyone have any suggestions for good on-line internet jazz stations that are listed in the listings of music on iTunes ?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

3. Medium Rare thread starter macrumors regular

Medium Rare

Thanks. I found them. You're correct,they are good. I have also been listening to TSF Jazz from Paris a lot.

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

5. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

Great thread. I haven't heard much radio via iTunes, but I am liking these two channels! :)

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I gave TSF Jazz a listen for several hours the other day and found that I like it very much.

7. ChrisA macrumors G4

Our local jazz station is on iTunes, KKJZ 88.1 FM is in Southern California. It is a public (non commercial) station that runs on listener donations, so they don't play commercials. The programming varies they have jazz, blues and latin jazz depending on the day and time, you have to look at their schedule.

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Reading through this, it seems that the range and quality on iTunes radio back home is way ahead of what's available here in the UK. I use TuneIn Radio Pro on my iPad and iPhone, and have a Roberts Internet radio in the bedroom. The selection on all three is worldwide whereas iTunes offers a very limited choice here.

9. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I've been listening to TSF Jazz a lot lately and I like it better than the other jazz station I mentioned earlier. Although I've listened so much that I'm now hearing repeats of songs.

That's via the Apple TV. I've listened to the station directly from their website and AirPlayed it and heard even more and no repeats.

That's one thing about the Radio on the Apple TV, many stations only have a limited, albiet many, selection of songs. If you want more variety, you need to go to their site and/or subscribe.

The other thing about the Apple TV Radio is that it's sometimes difficult to find a good station because there are so many. You can only choose a station if they use a clever name, or you scroll and randomly choose a station by means of roulette.

But I can't complain that there isn't enough choice. :)

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Although, I have both the Apple TV station going and have it playing from their website in my browser and they're both the same. So, I don't know why I'm hearing repeats.

11. krazykleo macrumors regular

Denon Audio for the iPhone is really good, too.

I actually love the iTunes radio!! I am not downloading any music on this MBA so i resort to listening to the iTunes radio and its wonderful!