JB 1.1.3 Customize & Summerboard Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Andrew D., Feb 18, 2008.

1. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

So I tried searching already and found some things but they were never resolved, so now I'm just posting this in hopes of finding an answer.

I got a 1.1.3 iPod Touch 16GB that I have jailbroken all the way down to 1.1.1 back up to 1.1.3. I think I did it right, I can download most of the Installer apps or what not and I even had to downgrade my iTunes to 7.5.

Anyways, I'm having problems with Summerboard and Customize. I would like to do the following to my JB iPod Touch; change the batter icon when it is charging, edit the "slide to unlock" and icon scroller, edit the "iPod" on the top of the status bar, and learn how to change icons, etc. I know most of the can be changed with Customize, right?

So here are the problems I'm having; when I download different themes for Summerboard, not one if not all the themes I download aren't showing up on the themes selection section? Is it not saving it in the correct area?

For Customize, it just won't load properly, it crashes at the beginning and I read somewhere if you tap the burning chicken it will go to the loading screen, so I did that and it worked. But then when I do my little editings, it doesn't save. It won't save what I changed on Customize?

So this is what I have learned, I may have not jailbroken it properly (I hope not). I guess I might have to do the offical dev team JB which I thought I did from rupertgee's blog. I also have read up on editing some files through the openssh and cyberduck, but that didn't seem to work.

Right now I just need help, an SOS if anything, I seek guidance from you JB Guru's. If someone can direct me to the right direction that would be great! Thanks a million + 1!

2. txc macrumors newbie

the good news is your 1.13 is working fine.

just a few posts ago, i covered the SummerBoard issues. basically the location has changed and themes that haven't been updated for 1.1.3 are getting copied to the wrong directory through Installer.

they need to go to /var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes whereas installer is putting them under /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes so you need to SFTP in or whatever and move them manually to the correct directory.

i did have a heck of a time with customize initially. and i tried everything.. tapping, permissions, etc. and nothing worked. and i see why after the fact, it's kinda BS.

the only thing that solved it was downloading the customize version fixed for 1.1.3 specifically through the ipodtouchfan repo. it worked like a champ and hasn't given me a problem since.

what i think is giving everyone issues is that customize needs to be able to build its subdirectories of Default images. something I don't think it even did until I manually added one for BatteryImages.

anyway, find and add that repo and download that Customize.. it goes through permissions things too.

3. luckyschop macrumors newbie

ipodtouchfan repo

Can you please clarify where this is at? several google searches have not produced anything. Also, adding touchrepo.com/repo.xml does not work!

4. txc macrumors newbie

http://www.touchrepo.com/repo.xml is it. i just verified by going to it my browser

<key>bundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.touchrepo.recompiled.Customize</string>
    <key>category</key>
    <string>Utilities</string>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string>TouchRepo@gmail.com</string>
    <key>date</key>
    <string>1202546734</string>
    <key>description</key>

<string>
    Modded and recompiled version of Customize to work with 1.1.3. Includes iPod Touch fix.

5. luckyschop macrumors newbie

A new customize version appears in Installer now -- thanks txc

6. stephenson macrumors newbie

what is?

What exactly is the Ipod Touch Fix do??
    sorrry noob loll