Jb 101 .....need Help .....

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
what's up fellas....well i jb my ip4 and for some reason cant get anything to appear...i had my 3gs jb and forgot how to activate it all....i have cydia and winterboard and installous and categories....no i am more lost than the kid on the milk carton....if someone can help me out maybe even over the phone i would really appreciate it....

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
what's up fellas....well i jb my ip4 and for some reason cant get anything to appear...i had my 3gs jb and forgot how to activate it all....i have cydia and winterboard and installous and categories....no i am more lost than the kid on the milk carton....if someone can help me out maybe even over the phone i would really appreciate it....
What do you mean nothing will appear? Cydia apps won't appear? Try a reboot?

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
i must be doing something wrong ....
it friking frustrating when you dont know how to do it and have no one who can show u ...know what i mean....

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
For future threads...... give your thread a title that provides a description of your issue.

If you use "need help" as your title, more people will ignore you than help you. People around here hate that.

You can change your thread title to something more appropriate by editing your first post, clicking on Advanced, and then changing your thread title.

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
ok .....i will try...
i have cydia,installous,winterboard and categories....
i want the att globe icon....i have the carrier logo from big boss but its not showing up...
i also have some activator thing?
how do i add the screenshot in here?
i am willing to give someone my phone number to guide me thru this if anyone is bored.....

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
ok .....i will try...
i want the att globe icon....i have the carrier logo from big boss but its not showing up...
Ok...

Well if you want the globe icon, I would go into the "Tweaks" section of Cydia, and see what's there. Keep in mind though that not everything in Cydia has been updated to reflect the changes in iOS 4, so some apps/mods/tweaks may not be fully functional yet.

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
yes...now its only working in cydia.....:confused:
it wont show up on my home screen or lock screen
geez i finally got it...
ok now when i respring there looks like there are a couple pixels or just weird coloring on top of phone and then when home scree comes up its disappears?

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
I'm sorry, I'm having real trouble understanding what your problem is. Your posts are incoherent. Could you slow down and describe exactly what you did, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened? Unless you can start making more sense, I'm afraid nobody is going to be able to help you.

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
i know.....i got the att icon to work....i don't know how i did it.
i have some weird pixels when the screen reloads or resprings up?
if someone wants my number i can pm it to them and maybe they can guide me through this junk...

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
if someone wants my number i can pm it to them and maybe they can guide me through this junk...
Try a full reboot. Maybe a respring it is just not cutting it.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
ok .....i will try...
how do i add the screenshot in here?
i am willing to give someone my phone number to guide me thru this if anyone is bored.....
yes...now its only working in cydia.....:confused:
it wont show up on my home screen or lock screen
geez i finally got it...
ok now when i respring there looks like there are a couple pixels or just weird coloring on top of phone and then when home scree comes up its disappears?
Ok lets try to help you here. Vague on details.

Activator allows you to open up apps by doing something on your phone such as touching the screen in a certain way, or even shaking your phone. You probably don't need it.

If you downloaded the AT&T globe logo, you need to respring your device or just simply restart it after you have installed it.

The pixels are completely normal and everyone who uses this jailbreak has them. Those pixels are the actual jailbreak code that Comex used. He embedded the code into pixels. Crazy ain't it?

Another thing, as stated above, not ALL Cydia apps are optimized for the iPhone 4. If you download a app that cannot be used with the iPhone 4 or iOS4, it will most likely crash.

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
ahhhhhh...snowman your the man ...thanks alot ...how do i do a hard reboot ...hold both home and top buttons down until apple logo comes back?

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
ahhhhhh...snowman your the man ...thanks alot ...how do i do a hard reboot ...hold both home and top buttons down until apple logo comes back?
Yes.

And no problem.

Btw no one here can discuss Installous. It's essentially illegal as it basically lets you steal apps. Which is theft.

That's about all I can say.

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
hahahaha i hear ya...well i dont know how i can help u out....i work at an audi/porsche dealership.....if u need anything let me know....also i would luv to pick your brain about this stuff.....if u wanna talk let me know
hahahha i love you tube.....
thanks guys....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.