JB 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS genius bar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wfielder84246, Mar 30, 2010.

1. wfielder84246 macrumors member

Sorry if this has been posted before, I did do a search.

Yesterday I made a phone call to my friend, phone working fine, then we went to football training. To be safe I placed my phone in my car's glove box, so I didn't have to leave it unattended on the side of the pitch. After training I got in my car checked my phone and the screen was black and wouldn't turn on. Not really shocked as I had been using it all day. Got home and plugged it in to the wall charger but nothing, plugged it in to my macbook and still nothing. Left it on charge all day today whilst I was at work in a warm room to see if that would get the juices flowing but that didn't work either.

So

I've booked in with a genius tomorrow as it is only 9 months old, usually it's a straight like for like swap when a battery dies. However mine has been jailbroken since day 1.

Am I right in thinking that I should be OK as they wont be able to tell that it isn't stock OS as it can't turn on??

Will this come back to haunt me?

If they do somehow find out its been JB and tell me to go home, my plan is to "accidently leave it in my trousers when they go through the wash" and claim with my o2 insurance.

Am I worrying for no reason? Any responses will be welcomed.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the screen wont turn on they wont be able to tell its been JB.
    You should be fine.

3. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Have had this happen before...Try hooking it up to the computer with Itune open. Do it several times.

4. bush1974 macrumors member

I know it might be obvious, but have you tried just holding the power and home buttons for 30 seconds or so? This done the trick for me on my old 3G.

5. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Yeah try the above when connected in iTunes too

6. wfielder84246 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I have tried various combinations of holding the power and home buttons for set periods of times, connected to itunes, connected to wall, connected to macbook but not in itunes, with sim, without sim etc.

I'm hoping that the person at the apple store tomorrow will be like "yeah it doesn't turn on, here's a shiny new one." and then s/he chucks my current phone in a iPhone recycling drum and we all go home happy!

...we shall see.

7. Dee2001 macrumors member

I wouldn't worry about it. The battery in my first 3gs died and I was worried about my jb when I took it into apple store. The genius tried connecting it to their software but nothing happened so they just swapped it for another.

8. wfielder84246 thread starter macrumors member

Just come back from the Apple store.

Never have I wished so much for my phone not to turn on ever. Thankfully it didn't turn on and the nice lady gave me a shiny new one.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

They are not wizards. If it didn't "turn on" for you, it isn't hardly likely to turn on for them. ;)