JB 3.1.3 to JB 4.0... how?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by RRRize, Aug 2, 2010.

1. RRRize macrumors regular

I have a 3GS, old bootrom and am jailbroken @ 3.1.3 with Spirit. What steps do I need to follow if I want to go to jailbroken 4.0 and/or 4.0.1?

Thanx in advance!

2. lewys macrumors 6502

lewys

this is what i done

restored it in itunes to 3.1.3 so i lost jailbreak
    updated to 4.0.1
    used the website to jailbreak

i dont know if you have to get rid of the spirit jailbreak before updating to 4.0.1 but i did anyway

3. RRRize thread starter macrumors regular

Thanx a mill! Gona give this a shot!

4. capt601 macrumors member

Thanks lewys! I have been wondering how to do this also. And others have asked in the other thread but no one seemed to answer them, so i was waiting for someone to respond like u did.
    Thx again.

5. RRRize thread starter macrumors regular

Wait, just realized that if I folow this I will no longer be unlocked cuz I will be at unjailbroken 3.1.3. How will I get online to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 and then jb online if not unlocked? Will WiFi work??

6. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

If you have your 3.1.2 SHSH then you can restore to that, jb with blackra1in and then create a hacked 4.0 ipsw with pwnagetool.

If you don't have your 3.1.2 SHSH then you have to upgrade directly to 4.0.1 and yes your phone will be locked again. So if you are using a different carrier then go borrow a sim from a friend or pay someone at that carriers store a $20 to activate your phone. Then use jailbreakme.com