JB 4.0 firmware on 3gs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atlantatan1, Jun 25, 2010.

1. atlantatan1 macrumors member

I have 3gs with 359.3 bootrom 3.1.3 firmware jb with spirit would like to known can I use sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 to JB 4.0 firmware.Thanks in advance for the infor.

2. Greg M macrumors 6502

I had the same thing. Tried to restore back to original firmware hoping that it would get rid of the spirit JB but it wouldn't work. Ended up having to restore Apple's way so now I've got a 3gs with 4 on it that is nothing more then a glorified ipod for me.

I wish the Dev Team would give a little more info when they release things. Even iClarified leaves out important information. Had I been told on Monday when they came out with the unlock for 3.1.3 to not use spirit to JB but to wait a few more days then I'd have a working 3gs with ios4 on it. Now would that have been so hard? They give you like 60% of the information we need and we're left to fill in the blanks. Miss one thing and the process fails. Then they wonder why people screw up the process so often.

Bottom line is leave your iphone like it is for now!!!

3. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If it's any consolation, if you were already at 3.1.3 then you would not have been able to use PwnageTool anyway and Spirit would have been your only option for a jailbreak. It is not that Spirit prevents you from using PwnageTool, but that Spirit cannot overcome the patch in 3.1.3 that prevents your using PwnageTool.