JB 4.2.1 greenpoison Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Marco44, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Marco44 macrumors member

Hey, any problems with it? Just got back into jailbreaking etc. Is the 4.2.1 release good to go from greenpoison? Thanks!

2. Bakakage macrumors 6502

Worked flawlessly for me when I jailbroke my replacement 4.2.1 phone yesterday , I even managed to get into DFU mode the first time :D. I've been installing a bunch of jailbroken apps and haven't encountered a problem yet.

3. Marco44, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011

Marco44 thread starter macrumors member

I just did it and loaded up cydia. Thus far it seems to be going just fine. What are the best repo's to have?

4. gavie macrumors newbie

worked great for me. Restored to remove 4.0.1 jb the ran greenpois0n on ipod 2g, iphone 3gs and iphone 4. used aptbackup and it restored everything back. Sweet!!

5. grahamb08 macrumors newbie

4.2.1 iphone untethered jailbreak peoblem...

I'm using greenpois0n but when I enter DFU mode, the processing stalls on a certain step - noting that it has "failed to get appleS5L69... after 1
    ...after 2
    ...after 3

...and so on. I've done exactly what the instruct video mentioned: hold down home and power for 10, then continue holding home for 20, then click jailbreak. Any suggestions? Thanks.

6. himni macrumors regular

Try holding in the home button until you see scrolling text on the screen and GP says jailbreak done. If that doesn't work keep holding the home button and don't let go until the phone reboots itself after the JB.

7. ou1987 macrumors newbie

I have my Iphone 4 4.21 tether jailbroke from redsn0w and want to jailbreak with greenpoison now so it will be untethered. Do I need to restore the iphone first or can I run the greenpoison program with it already jailbroke? Also I have purchased lock info and bite sms will these show as free when I redownload them or what do I have to do to get them back without paying again. Thanks for any help!

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just run Greenpois0n over it and you have an untethered jailbreak. Everything on your phone remain intact and you will not loose anything.

9. tegedrex macrumors member

Help

I just JB my sons 3gen iPod touch with 4.2.1 using greenpoison. After reboot I get the skull that shows it JB, but there is no loader app or cydia app and a couple of the other apps lost their images. Any help would be appreciated.

10. Howdr macrumors regular

Howdr

oh
    did you reboot?

If it does not show after reboot you may have to rejailbreak again

I had to with my 4.2.1 Iphone4