JB 5.0.1 - upgrade to 5.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by McSh5, May 25, 2012.

1. McSh5 macrumors member

I downloaded absinthe 2.0 but not sure how I am supposed to upgrade to JB 5.1.1 without losing my cydia apps and tweaks. It doesn't seem clear in the instructions at all, which were written for someone already on 5.1.1.

I'm sure I'm not the only person doing this today....any thoughts? :confused:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

All the paid apps and tweaks are linked to either your Google or FaceBook account on Cydia. The more tedious way would be to write down all the tweaks/apps you've installed.

3. justinwebb macrumors regular

yep you are the only one, what iDevice do you have to begin with? Info is fantastic to be able to help people

4. McSh5 thread starter macrumors member

sorry - 4S. Thought I had it in my sig.

----------

What about installous?

5. justinwebb macrumors regular

shhhh we don't talk about piracy here, its the red-headed step child that always gets beat

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You're not going to get any help here for that. Talking about pirated apps on the forum is not allowed.

7. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

lol! ...Welp, you're ********d... Just steal the apps again like you did the first time...

8. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Using the Absithe tool, I'm pretty sure you have to get on 5.1.1 first. You can download PKGBACKUP from Cydia first and use it to back all you JB stuff, including icon layout and then install 5.1.1, jailbreak it, then install Pkgbackup. Once that's done, Pkgbackup can be used to restore everything.

ETA: not sure that's going to work for pirated apps so your probably stuck.

9. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Thats a Very bad word in this Forum!!!:eek:

10. McSh5 thread starter macrumors member

Well forget about Installous....it's 99.9% full of crap games anyways. My main concern is keeping my Cydia apps and tweaks across an upgrade. So I should login with Cydia, iTunes sync, update OS, reset to save time on the JB, then run Absinthe....correct?

11. justinwebb macrumors regular

you are honestly better off doing a full restore so it doesn't transfer things over from the past jailbreak that could hurt the battery life or other things that could cause instability. Just use PKGbackup to backup all tweaks, do a full restore then run pkgbackup and it will reinstall all said tweaks. I would recommend trying it later as Cydia is getting slammed and will just not install anything at the moment

12. McSh5 thread starter macrumors member

13. theman510 macrumors 6502

I'm not able to install SBSettings, Lockinfo, infinifolders, infinidock, etc. I assume it's because cydia is being slammed with users now. Hopefully it will get better as the day goes on.

14. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

This is why I always wait a week or two after a new JB tool comes out. Well, this, and the fact that all of the bugs/problems can be found on other's devices instead of mine :)