JB app to prevent throttling?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by theman510, Jan 23, 2012.

1. theman510 macrumors 6502

I know this is a long shot but if there was any way for someone to develop a jailbreak app that will either hide the fact that people w/ unlimited data plans are using large amount of data or maybe report back fake data usage to AT&T I would gladly pay for that.

I assume there isn't anything out there like that since if there was there would be a thread on it here. The developer who makes that could price it at $20 and I'd absolutely buy it. I can't stand having an iPhone that gets throttled at 2GB and then basically becomes useless for the remainder of my billing cycle because my download speed is .07Mbps.

Just food for thought...

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm going to assume throttling is based on your IMEI number, which you couldn't spoof because your phone wouldn't work anymore.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why do you think a carrier would use usage data reported by your device rather than the data it's actually using? They can monitor this using their own equipment.

4. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Maybe you can use "Onavo" , it compress data usage and can really help reduce your data usage plus is a free app last time i check .

Btw its on the App store :)

5. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502

I dunno, it was more wishful thinking than anything. These developers who make some of these apps are really amazing so who knows what they can come up with next?

Thanks this looks pretty good based on the reviews. Downloading now!