JB Apps eliminated by iOS 5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by loyalist, Jun 6, 2011.

1. loyalist macrumors 6502

After seeing the iOS 5 new features, it appears FastSnap (captures pics/video using volume buttons), Wi-Fi Sync (sync wirelessly) and maybe even LockInfo due to "Notification Center" might be not needed anymore. There might be more but those apps stood out IMO.

2. OriolesMagic macrumors member

I personally still like the LockInfo setup better. But won't feel the need to jailbreak for it anymore. However, I'll still be jailbreaking for bite and sbsettings anyway.

3. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

Stuff like iBye will also not be needed unless you need to back up Cydia stuff.

4. ashman70 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I feel the same way, not so much of a need to JB anymore, still SBS Settings is handy.

5. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

6. thespazz macrumors 6502a

This makes me a sad panda. Maybe that's why they hired hajas?

7. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Or they should just change up the little twitter interface and make it for texts too!

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I won't need to be running Lockinfo + Notified Pro + NotificationGriP anymore. This setup is extremely similar to the new notification system -- i wonder if notification center was inspired by the JB community.

9. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I still want mywi, so I'm jailbreaking still.

10. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

you can't JB unless there is one! And that is a definite TBD!

11. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

huh?

12. cristovao macrumors 6502a

cristovao

I think what he's saying is the JB community needs to jailbreak iOS 5 before we even have a choice. I doubt they'll stop because of this though.

13. TJone macrumors 6502a

Unless I am missing something Lockinfo still has some advantages, status bar icons, favorites, RSS, previews.

14. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

IOS 5 has been Jailbroken already, confirmed by Musclenerd.

http://twitter.com/musclenerd

15. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

I think apps like Lockinfo, SBR/LSR are still safe. Lockinfo provides more functionality then the native iOS5 app can. Quickview/Quickreply are the most used aspects of Lockinfo for me and they aren't in iOS5.

Now, smaller apps like PhotoAlbums+ and Recent Call Log Delete are going to suffer.

16. loyalist thread starter macrumors 6502

I just don't see how people will spend $8 on LockInfo as soon as iOS 5 is released. It doesn't offer enough additional features compared to Notification Center for people to spend that much money. If anything, the Dev will need to drop the price tremendously to make it attractive to the consumer.

I have it now but I wouldn't spend $8 as soon as iOS 5 is released if I was a new customer.

17. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

And do you think lockinfo is going to be static for the next 3 months in terms of development?

18. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

LockInfo, in my opinion is one of the best tweaks/apps out there. It is always being worked on and new versions always coming out. I would still use this over what Apple has done. i would pay $8 for it again if need be.

19. Riptide62 macrumors member

Same here. Lock Info just seems better that what I know of Apple's notifications.

There are still things I'd like to be able to do from my lockscreen that LockInfo doesn't as yet support (eg. Quick compose for email, Facebook notifications perhaps) but let's face it, that aren't too many things left you can do from a lockscreen.

20. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Does the new iOS5 lockscreen notifications show weather and calendar appointments? If not, then I will still need to JB. I don't want to have to go through 3 steps just to see what temp it is outside or what time my appointment is at. (turn on, swipe to unlock, launch the app) Right now I also have live clock, and weathericon so my icons are even dynamic (meaning if I am jumping about within the iOS, I STILL don't need to launch the app to see the current temp)

I am just hoping that JB will still be possible with the new iOS.... I am sure it will be :)

21. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

I'll be jailbreaking for widgets, SBsettings and themes, and other things like: fakeclockup and other random apps like that.

22. Thomasba58 macrumors member

Thomasba58

I'll shall continue to JB until an alternative to SBSchedule turns up.....unless It's already there and I've missed it :(

23. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Was FaceBreak already mentioned? If the legends are true and FaceTime works over 3G then this one can get added to the list.

24. polzii macrumors 6502

25. bmms8 macrumors 68020

though some tweaks will become obsolete, they JB devs will only look at apples offerings and expand on them. im sure they will make the notification center even better, etc etc.