JB Bug: Home screen Bookmarks Broken

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alphadeltaviii, Aug 2, 2010.

1. alphadeltaviii macrumors newbie

After JB, home screen bookmarks no longer function. Exisitng icons open a page directing to "about:blank". If you create a new bookmark the link works, however the icon is white and title is "untitled" for any site. Configuration: iP4, 4.0.1

Any ideas to fix this?

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Works fine here. I've got Glyphboard and GV on my home screen, and both work fine. I was also able to create a new bookmark with the proper icon as well. iP4, 4.0.1. :confused:

3. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Existing and new how screen bookmarks work fine for me too, I have an i4 running 4.0

4. alphadeltaviii thread starter macrumors newbie

Odd, I wonder why my phone is exhibiting this issue. Did either of you have any home screen bookmarks before JB?

5. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I did. After doing the jailbreak I restored from backup (to get MMS and FaceTime back) if that matters ...

6. alphadeltaviii thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

I reset my network settings, fixed both cases of this issue (existing and new)