JB for 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jnardis, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

Is there going to be a JB for 4.0.2 or is there a chance the developers just wait for 4.1? I have a 3GS with 3.1.3 and want to JB it so I can sell on ebay.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

doubtful Dev-team has already said 4.0.2 is a pointless jailbreak. only thing it adds is a patch to the exploit Comex used which can be used by others.This is why Saurik wrote PDF Patch that closes the exploit after the jailbreak. unless a latter jailbreak works on 4.0.2 no there won't that would be a waste of a good exploit. :D

3. ViRGE macrumors member

For whatever reason the 4.0.1 signing window is still open. So if you manually download the firmware, you can still install 4.0.1 on your 3GS ahead of selling it. Just do this ASAP before the signing window closes.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This ^^ Upgrade to 4.0.1, then jailbreak/unlock and sell it.

6. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you mean by the 4.0.1 signing window is still opened? Sorry, I'm not that swift with JB. Only reason why I did it with 4.0.1 was bcs it was pretty much idiot proof.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

That mean you can still easily down grade to 4.0.1 then jb/ul just search for it. but it's very easy since Apple is still allowing direct access to the 4.0.1. just understand the sooner you do it the better.;)