iPad JB for iPad 3 ETA.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eurobum, Feb 6, 2012.

1. eurobum macrumors member

I know this is WILDLY speculative, but I'm interested in hearing the views of members of this board.

When do YOU think a JB will be ready for iPad 3; let's assume the unit releases in March with iOS 5.1. Take into account historic JB releases for previous generation iPads.

I guess I'm in a pretty good predicament, seeing I'm about to buy my first iPad right around the time a new one will be released. Also, while an iPad would be very nice to have now, I won't actually need it until the new school year starts in September. I figure since there most likely won't be any releases beyond iPad 3 from now till September it wouldn't really matter if I bought it now or in September. Buying it now just means it'd get to have a lot of fun with it before I would actually "need" it.

(Of course now there are rumors of iPad 4 or 3 S in october, but I for sure won't get that seeing an eventual JB is important to me. The sooner the better).

If I (somehow magically) knew beforehand that a JB wouldn't be released until, say, a year after the March release, I would probably opt for a jailbroken iPad 2 instead. I really need file management and the ability to download files directly onto the unit both directly from a browser but also large files via a p2p setup like BitTorrent. Also, I need external storage and GoFlex is very fancy, but too much functionality for an external storage in my opinion (I ain't trying to remember to charge an EXTERNAL STORAGE before I go to bed every night). I need these things, because I'll be away from home for nine months and it will be the only "computer" I'll have. Have to leave the Mac Pro at home, sadly.

But really ......... the rumored high resolution kills it for me. It's the one thing that makes me want to forget about getting the 2 altogether.

iPad 3 legit or iPad 2 jailbroken. Dilemma.

Comments, aside from those touching on the original question, are welcome.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the ipad3 hasn't even been released, much less announced...

it depends on the ios software and the hardware. in short, you can't really guess

3. eurobum thread starter macrumors member

Yes, you can guess. That's, actually, exactly what I'm asking you to do.

:)

guess |ges|
    verb [ with obj. ]
    estimate or suppose (something) without sufficient information to be sure of being correct

4. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

OK...I'll take a stab at it. But if I'm wrong it doesn't matter because the iPad3 hasn't been announced, let alone released. Any jb for iOS 6 won't be out until Fall at the earliest, if not early Winter. It took quite awhile for the first jb for the iPad 2 to come out and even longer for the one for 5.0.1.

5. xraytech, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

xraytech macrumors 68030

If Apple were to release iPad 3 with iOS 5.0.1 at around mid March. Then you can JB right out of the Box.

But correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the Hardware factor into is also? iPhone 4s and iPad 2 users had to wait longer to get Absinthe to JB their A5 iDevices.

On a side note...

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPad

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I've already jailbroken my iPad 3, so yeah, it's out.

7. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Seriously ? wtf ? Atleast wait for the damm thing to be announced lol either if the new Ipad sports new processor then its Game on again :)

8. xraytech macrumors 68030

Also, welcome to MacRumors!!!

eurobum = 2 posts

9. kardiackeith macrumors member

10. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

The real question is when we'll get an iOS6 A6 jailbreak. Those lazy jailbreakers haven't even started working on it yet, it's going to take forever at this rate.

11. Jedii macrumors regular

It usually takes approx 5 months to release a jailbreak.

12. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I heard that Hackman is actively working on it with an ETA of 12/25/2012.

13. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

It doesn't matter. The world is gonna end Dec 21st. :D

14. macbookman83 macrumors 6502

This post is hilarous......

I understand this is a rumors forum but did you forget how long it took for the iPad 2 or the 4s to be jailbroken??????

On top of that we don't even know if the next tablet will be an iPad 3?...........

So to be fair my eta would be" several months after the next tablet is released".

15. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

That's why I think it will be December 20th 2012. That would be ironic. ;)

16. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

There's a good chance they won't be able to JB it at all.

17. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

18. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

19. TC25, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

TC25 macrumors 68020

Amazing, and sad, what people will do to be the first person to start such a thread.

Next someone will start a thread asking when the iPad4 will be jailbroken. :rolleyes:

20. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

21. Ian.C macrumors regular

Best thing to do with this thread is CLOSE IT!!!!!!!

22. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Mayans didn't take leap years days in account. The world should have ended 9 months ago.

23. Dan14 macrumors regular

What's an iPad 3? ;)