JB iOS 5 semi-tether on iP4, icons won't customize?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by srf4real, Oct 24, 2011.

1. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I am having limited success on a VZ iPhone 4 which is pwned with the latest redsn0w and does have the BigBoss semitethered tweak. I have not been able to customize my icons with any icon sets, although themes in general do work. Did I miss a memo somewhere that I need to alter file names or something else? I have searched and it seems on the bleeding edge of noob hackers nobody else is asking this question about jb'ed iOS 5. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,:)

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Quite possible that some of the bundles or icon names have changed slightly which results in the icons not changing. Seems with every new update, Apple changes the icon name or the location of icons just to eff with people ;) Might wanna hunt down an icon set that's been iOS 5 tested/verified and check to see if any naming changes have been made.

3. srf4real thread starter macrumors 68030

srf4real

Thanks. I have tried deleting the default cache and re-springing in Winterboard but that doesn't work. I guess I need to change some file names or something.. going to wait on someone more experienced than I am to take the lead on that one haha~:p

Btw, know of any iOS 5 tested icon packages that work???