JB IP4 noob question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xegitalian19xx, Nov 23, 2010.

1. xegitalian19xx macrumors newbie

Hey guy/girls,
    I see that the tethered JB is out today! I originally used jailbreakme.com to do my first JB but then I had some warranty work done on my phone so I restored with iTunes and and then I upgraded it. As of right now I am sitting with IOS 4.2.1 (8C148) & a Modem Firmware baseband of 03.10.01. Will I be able to use this new JB that just came out or am I SOL?

Thanks for the help!
    -Anthony

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

3. xegitalian19xx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you kind sir...I will do that tonight then!! Thanks again for the quick response!!

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

just be sure you comfortable knowing the difference between tetherd and untethered

you will see on this fourm people advising to wait for an untether version and some people will say go for it

5. xegitalian19xx thread starter macrumors newbie

That doesn't really bother me too much....I need a certain couple of apps for a business trip i have coming it this will come in handy. As far as rebooting the phone....At least it will still be functional until I can get back to my laptop if I needed to reboot it....Most issues I believe would just require a respring though....