JB iPad 1 screen mirroring iOS 5.0.1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by besddimo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. besddimo macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've jailbroken my iPad 1 in order to use screen mirroring at school but it does not seem to be working straight 'from the box' as many sites have been implying e.g. 1, 2, 3 (notice that in the instructions they only talk about multitouch).

Then, I wanted to try the .plist editing method, but I don't see the display-mirroring boolean string in the .plist in my iPad. I assume that this method was only good for previous iOS versions.

So, what now? Any ideas? I could not find anything specific to iOS 5.0.1 online..

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You have to add that Boolean and set it to true. Then restart your iPad.

3. besddimo thread starter macrumors newbie

I did but it doesn't work! Has anyone tried it?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've done it on my iOS 5 iPad 1 and have gotten it to work using the VGA out adapter.

5. besddimo thread starter macrumors newbie

You sir are right and I'm an idiot.

I'd forgotten to restart... It works fine now with the VGA adapter!

Thanks very much.

6. jdr00ejr macrumors newbie

Forgive me for thread-jacking - but I see you got this working. Can you help a JB Ignoramus? The ONLY reason I'm about to jailbreak my iPad 1 is for the Mirroring. I've downloaded the most recent Redsnow. I'll plan to:

1) Back up my iPad
    2) Run Redsnow
    3) Install OpenSSH
    4) Snag the K48AP.plist
    5) Add display-mirroring boolean YES
    6) Put the K48AP.plist back
    7) Reboot

Is it really that simple? Did I miss anything? This will get me mirroring through the VGA and/or HDMI Adapter?

Thank you so much for the help!

7. jdr00ejr macrumors newbie

It really was that easy! Thank you for this thread. I've been holding off doing this but really wanting to try it. This post pushed me over the edge enough to research the above and take the plunge! That with the iBooks fix in the newest RedSn0w. Woohoo!

8. besddimo thread starter macrumors newbie

For me, it was that simple! I don't see why it would be different for you. I only have the VGA adapter and it works. It should work with HDMI too.

If you want to make it even easier, you can skip SSH and just use iExplorer instead.

Good luck!