JB iPad1 won't save iTunes homescreen configuration

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by raphytaffy, Nov 23, 2011.

1. raphytaffy macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have a jailbroken iPad1 that refuses to save my homescreen configuration on iTunes. I tried organizing my apps the way I wanted them on iTunes and then hitting apply and syncing, but the apps will just move themselves back into their original position.

When I organize my apps on the iPad itself and try a sync, the changes don't reflect on iTunes. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so this sort of thing really bugs me. Is there any way that I can get my iTunes homescreens to look exactly like they do on my iPad?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You probably have something like Infiniboard, -dock, -folders installed. These and possibly others install something called IconSupport. IconSupport is used to keep iTunes from crashing when it reads a non-valid icon configuration. It instead reads a fake configuration. Its this fake configuration that you see and change in iTunes. If you do want to change the layout of your icons and folders, you'll have to manually do it on the iPad.

3. raphytaffy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, gotcha. I do have those installed. Is there any way to just disable the IconSupport?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If you disable IconSupport, iTunes will crash every time you go to the Apps tab for your iPad. There are a few other bugs that can occur when its disabled as well. It is not recommended to disable it.