JB iPhone 3Gs - iTunes BB update?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by whatevs, Nov 20, 2009.

1. whatevs macrumors member

I have an iPhone 3Gs and just updated to the latest 3.1.2 jailbreak. I'm still on the old BB (04.26?) I use AT&T so I don't totally need to unlock, but now when I connect my phone to iTunes it asks to update my BB.

Are there any issues with the unlock or updating the BB with iTunes? It would be nice to have the carrier logo again. My phone works great and I have read previously about issues after unlocking. Thanks!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Well you don't need to have the phone unlock so you might as well update the phones baseband. And even if you do blacksn0w can unlock the newest baseband. Might as well so iTunes stops bugging you. There is no negative side effects.

3. whatevs thread starter macrumors member

it ended up being on the "carrier settings". I assume this was the BB, but I was incorrect.

are there any issues with the current unlock. It would be nice to have the carrier logo show correctly for roaming, etc.

4. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

I was wondering what you were talking about. :eek:

Updating the baseband would require an entire firmware restore or update.

If you are already on 3.1.2, iTunes doesn't know the difference in your baseband version so it wouldn't be asking you to update your baseband.